June Starters - April 4th

Options
So I didn't see a new week's topic yet. :) Everyone still bloated from Easter dinner?

Q: "Where have you been?"

A:"I had my wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday morning. I've been eating soft foods up until Saturday so I wasn't logging."

Good news is that I'm back to regular foods (just slowly and lots of nibbling over back teeth chewing).

More good news is my weigh in.

SW: 303
LW: (Didn't log this last week but here is the ugly truth) 282.4
TW: 278.0

I know that's a big loss from last week but I know its due to a mostly apple sauce diet. XD

But it is loss from the week before last as well (278.4 two weeks ago) so that's good. So I need to keep on track and get back to really losing. I'm loving the weather down here, it's starting to get hot enough to take a dip in the pool! Yay for swimming!

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    I hope you're back to normal soon, Amanda! One good thing about the applesauce diet is that it seeing that big number normally re-motivates me to get back on the wagon.

Unfortunately, for me Easter dinner was way too good to me in a bad way :embarassed:

Oh well, it's another day. I might not weigh in this week (TOM) and with all the stress I've been having lately I may just try to do my best for the next couple weeks and wait to weigh in. I hope everyone had a good weekend and a nice Easter!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Amanda- Fantastic weigh in. Congratulations. Glad to hear you are back on solids. I have had a couple of dental surgeries over the years, good for you sticking to applesauce... I went custard, pudding and mashed potatoes (although I didn't worry about my weight back then, so I just went for yummy)

Shanna- I know what you mean about Easter dinner. I had 3 very very bad days in a row. Not just huge dinners, but lots of chips and chocolate too. I weighed in yesterday morning at 2 pounds heavier than last Wednesday, and that was the first day of TOM so it was a little up I think. I weighed in today 0.6 down from that, so still not great. I will be working out like a mad woman tonight and tomorrow and drinking tons of water in hopes of not having to report gain. Don't be afraid of weigh ins during TOM, even if it is gain it will make you feel great next week (at least that is what I do... not working so well for me this week though)

Happy Monday everyone. April Already! Less than 3 months until our 1 year anniversary. My goodness I need to get back on the logging wagon. My activity level has certainly increased the past couple of weeks. I love spring!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Ug I had 3 bad days of eating too! I'm kicking it up this week though! Hoping for at least a small loss!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Easter. I ate a ton, and I was full from lunch and didn't eat dinner so I just snacked literally all afternoon and night :grumble:

Amanda- glad you're feeling better! I lived on chocolate milkshakes when I had my wisdom teeth out so congrats to you!

I was hoping for my one more pound down and to be at goal this week, but it's not gonna happen. No way! I'll be lucky to get back down to what I was last week. Oh well, there's always next week! :)

Have a good Monday!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Amanda... glad to see you back and with such a great weigh in!!!

Please remember to post the new thread in the old thread so they are easier to find!! :drinker:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Sorry KJ! I meant to gopost the new thread to the old and then got sidetracked.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi all ... just bumping for later. I too have spent the last few days eating far too much ... but I have been walking lots with the great weather. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Back to work in the morning for me ... oh well ... reality always returns. :grumble:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ack, I'll try to remember that next time, sorry gals.

Any suggestions on how to log swim time with a five year old as a work out? It's not constant swimming but I'm sure I'll be getting some kind of burn in the water with him. I'm taking him to the pool today (and want to continue to do so since it's getting hot here in Sunny Florida). Every time I've tried to log swim time before the calories have been way insane so I know they mean swimming laps or at least treading water for that whole time.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Try general arobics. When I have no idea what I've done I just log that.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oh, geez!! I feel that old feeling coming on... you know, the "just don't care" feeling.... I have just really slacked up on myself lately... I have GOT to kick my butt back into gear... and this ankle thing is really driving me crazy!!!!!!!
    I hope you ladies are all having a fabulous week!!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Oh, geez!! I feel that old feeling coming on... you know, the "just don't care" feeling.... I have just really slacked up on myself lately... I have GOT to kick my butt back into gear... and this ankle thing is really driving me crazy!!!!!!!
    I hope you ladies are all having a fabulous week!!!

I'm feeling that too! I think its because it's COLD today!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone! I too had several days of terrible eating, but my goodness were the desserts delicious! Worth every bit of cheating in my book! I'm happy to be back eating my own food though! I'll be weighing in tomorrow to assess the damage.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Happy Easter! Unfortunately (or fortunately...) I didn't have a turkey dinner this weekend!!! Boo! But I did have chicken wings at Hooters on Friday :laugh: But honestly, it's no laughing matter because I love wings, but has anyone ever looked at how many calories are in 5 of them??!!! :grumble: Oh well, the end of my weekend was back on track. Wish my scale wasn't broken, it'd be nice to know how much I weigh!!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    O.k. I was freaking out becuase I lost the removable disk I keep our ss on but I found it. Phew!!
  • shannonanop
    Options
    Hi guys - I got no idea if I'm in the right area but you seem to know what you are talking about so may I ask: How can I see how long it would take to get to goal, if I stayed to cals every single day? I would like to stick to cals but sneak in a wee bit more exercise than I figure in so that I can beat it every time (perfectionist). It only tells you how much you would lose in the next 5 weeks if you continued this way but I wanna know when it'll be over!!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Hi guys - I got no idea if I'm in the right area but you seem to know what you are talking about so may I ask: How can I see how long it would take to get to goal, if I stayed to cals every single day? I would like to stick to cals but sneak in a wee bit more exercise than I figure in so that I can beat it every time (perfectionist). It only tells you how much you would lose in the next 5 weeks if you continued this way but I wanna know when it'll be over!!

I don't think there is an answer for that...

Eat your calories, exercise when you can, and make wise food choices. That is how to do it the fastest. Good Luck!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Well here is the ugly truth...

LW 147
    CW 148.2

So down a little from the 2 pound gain over the weekend. I was down to 147.4 yesterday morning, but my husband and I ate nachos for dinner last night (spicy meat, jalapenos, lots of cheese, olives... you can imagine the sodium). I stayed in my calories but I can feel the bloat today.

Oh well I am a big girl. I made the choice so I can own up to it. Although I am not changing my ticker unless it is still up next week, I am pretty sure it will be gone by Friday.

Happy weigh ins!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    And here is my ugly truth..

SW 182.4
    LW 136.4
    CW 137.2

Could be worse, and that chocolate cheesecake was definitely worth it :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Looks like everyone enjoyed Easter food. :bigsmile:

I did a pre weigh in. Up 3.1 lbs from last week. :sick: :sick: I'll have to kick some butt if I want to weight the same as last week. :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Up 0.5 lbs. this week ... could have been much worse :happy:

Start Weight = 208.5
    Lw = 187
    CW = 187.5