Good Snacks for Mindless Grazing

Options
I just discovered... pomegranate seeds. I can only eat a few before my sweet tooth is overwhelmed, but I can put them in a bowl and snack for an hour and not think anything about it. Sometimes it's fun to just graze :)

What are your favorite snacks to mindlessly graze on without feeling guilty?

Replies

• sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I get bags of salad. Just the regular kind with radish and little carrots in them. I just eat it right out of the bag like it's a bag of chips.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Seaweed and cucumber slices
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and mini sweet peppers. I cut the mini peppers into slices. Mmmm

Or fruit cut into small pieces.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Apples or celery with a light French onion dip.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Try those pomegranate seeds in a salad. My favorite is... pomegranate seeds, mixed with cubed mango and blueberries.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Careful with the fruits because they are healthy yes but they have a lot of sugar and actually not too too few calories (1/2 cup pomegrante seeds had 70 calories and is like straight carbs)
    I like snap peas, they're like zero calories and sweet, also air popped pop corn, if you can't control yourself and eat the whole bag it's only like 300 calories so it doesn't completely kill you, carrots or celery with hot sauce (hot sauce is 0 calories, makes it taste yummy (i like spicy food), and the spice speeds up your metab.), artichoke with dijon mustard, you have to boil it but then it takes up a lot of time to eat because you have to peel each piece off, and the dijon mustard is strong so you don't use a lot and it only has like 20 calories. Also I like salsa straight out the jar, it's veggies, it's not a lot of calories, and it's yummy.
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds still in the shells, taking them out of the shells really slows me down so I don't eat too many :-)
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Careful with the fruits because they are healthy yes but they have a lot of sugar and actually not too too few calories (1/2 cup pomegrante seeds had 70 calories and is like straight carbs)

Lol...well aren't you a downer! 1/2 cup of pom seeds is a LOT. Especially if you're eating them from an actual pomegranate and not buying the little packs of already extracted seeds.. takes longer to break apart the pomegranate. 70 calories is nothing, it takes me like an hour to plow through that amount of seeds..gimme a break!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kale chips
    ice

but that's it. i dont do much mindless grazing anymore since i'm usually pretty full from eating protein rich foods during regular meals
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like snap peas, they're like zero calories and sweet, also air popped pop corn, if you can't control yourself and eat the whole bag it's only like 300 calories so it doesn't completely kill you, carrots or celery with hot sauce (hot sauce is 0 calories, makes it taste yummy (i like spicy food), and the spice speeds up your metab.), artichoke with dijon mustard, you have to boil it but then it takes up a lot of time to eat because you have to peel each piece off, and the dijon mustard is strong so you don't use a lot and it only has like 20 calories. Also I like salsa straight out the jar, it's veggies, it's not a lot of calories, and it's yummy.
    Good advice, grazing is dangerous. When I do it though, cucumbers with lemon juice, green pepper slices and low sodium salsa or pico de gallo is good. Hot sauce is awesome :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Another downer, mindless grazing is a really bad habit. Plan your meals and snacks and stick with it. Have you actually tried taking a pomegranate apart and putting the seeds into a cup? A half cup is a really small amount of a pomegranate even if you're just taking it apart. If you have room for the calories, go for it but fruit isn't a good thing to be mindlessly eating.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Water. Mmmmm.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    water. Seriously. I used to play wow about 16+ hours a day and would always keep water near me for mindless "snacking". You very quickly develop a habit of reaching for the squirt bottle
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Cordial cherry pudding shots!
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini chips

Basically cut zucchini really thin slices and lay out on a baking sheet and pop in the oven at 200 for 2hrs
  • knosmo
    knosmo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying to stop the mindless grazing. I guess for me it's part of the whole "I'm not on a diet, I'm changing the way I eat and behave" thing. If I graze on pomegranate seeds or zucchini chips or whatever, I'm not changing the behavior, I'm just substituting a food.

That's just me. Clearly everyone else's mileage varies.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Light popcorn
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    veggies and pure organic hummus.. yum! Favorite snack :)