Anxiety over my meal

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you I cleared at least 15k calories over the past 3 days. And that's a conservative estimate. And IDGAF it's a holiday.

Now I'm not suggesting you must binge but I'd encourage you to let yourself enjoy life.
    This, very much this.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it.

Eat in moderation.

One meal isn't going to hinder your weight loss.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day - and DO NOT WORRY, it is only once a year so you can afford to let go a bit, I am gonna!!! :drinker:
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think if we start getting anxious about food, we have problems.

It's Christmas, it's but one day a year - although I imagine some will allow to last longer - and we should have no reason to feel anxious or guilty about wanting to enjoy all the goodness that will be around.

I concur, that if done in moderation, yet without denying ourselves anything we would like, you're on to a winner. Great work achieved will not be undone in one day and come tomorrow or Thursday we can jump back on the bike, or hit the roads and burn the cals off.

Eat, drink, be merry, laugh with your family, sneak a cheeky chocolate or two and most importantly, enjoy yourself and let those anxieties melt away....
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Please don't be anxious. It's one single day. Enjoy it, and don't let your efforts to lose weight spoil Christmas Day. If you want to exercise moderation, then do so, maybe just have a small taste of each dish or food that you want. But really, any weight you gain will be mostly water weight and will come off again very quickly. One day of indulgence is not going to derail your efforts, unless you choose not to get back on track afterwards.

Absolutely true!! Also, try drinking a protein shake an hour before, it will help with over indulging. Just take a little of everyrhing ( not heaping spoons), and enjoy your day!

Merry Christmas!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to exercise because of surgery and have really not been hungry until today.

In addition to what has already been said about it only being one day..... You really shouldn't be eating in deficit if you are recovering from surgery. Your body needs extra energy to heal.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Unless you eat 3,500 calories over your TDEE which is perhaps 1800 or 2000 calories for a sedentary woman, then you won't gain a pound. You may see a temporary gain of water weight from sodium, depending on what you are eating, but that should go away in a couple of days.

I plan on eating whatever I want, just not huge amounts of it. Normal portions so that I'm not stuffed to the gills. And dessert and wine too. Whatever, it won't add up to 5,500 calories.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Enjoy. I had Christmas with 1 side of my family last night and ate in moderation, had 2 glasses of wine and still came in under calories. Not being able to workout might put you over but so what, like another poster said you'd have to be 3500 calories over before you would gain.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    The ONLY way eating everything you want to eat today will cause any permanent weight gain is if you give into the stupid little voice in your head that says, "You screwed up. You're a failure. You might as well quit." Otherwise, just get back on track tomorrow and the holiday will just be a little tiny speed bump.

Enjoy the holiday.

I'm having cookies for breakfast.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose weight after over eating a day or two in a row. Just get back on the plan as soon as possible, and you'll be fine.
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I did wonderfully today!! :) I had a little bit of everything, and only had the things I WANTED and ENJOYED. Now this is freedom. Back on the wagon tomorrow!

How did everyone else do?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Honestly? One meal is not going to hurt you. Enjoy it and don't stress out so much about one day.