Is it possible to lose 75 kg in a year?

Options
Please this is my goal.

Replies

• spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats? Weight and height, job and how often are you planning on working out? Wish you the best of luck.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    To set that big of a loss as your goal is setting yourself up to fail. I don't say that to discourage you, but what if you "only" lost 80 pounds in a year? That would be amazing, not a failure, and you would feel great. Concentrate on eating healthily and moderately and getting some exercise. The weight loss will happen as a result and I can say from experience you will feel awesome far before you actually get to your final goal. Just start and be smart about it!
  • QueenStephanie
    QueenStephanie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If I can lose it I get a free honeymoon from my aunty ... I currently weigh 144kg .... so what do you think?
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think your aunty should be encouraging a healthy, safe amount of weight loss. 2 pounds a week would be 104 pounds. You're talking about 167.5 pounds.
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    I completely agree with Celeigh12. Attempting to reach that goal would be very difficult. It is always best to be realistic in setting your goals and always do it in a healthy and safe way. Your Aunty should be wanting you to lose weight in a healthy manner so you can enjoy the free honeymoon, though as I said, the goal is a little unrealistic in a healthy way. Even for some to lose 100lbs in a year is hard. All of our bodies are different so we cannot say what is going to work for you.
  • QueenStephanie
    Options
    I think if I made the effort... I would still get the reward. Merry Xmas all anyway :)
  • QueenStephanie
    Options
    bump
  • muscat_princess
    Options
    thats way too much. before my pregnancy i worked really hard and managed to lose 15kg in a about 6 months. (around 40 pounds)
    this was with hard effort. i was very happy and proud.
    if u set this goal u will be unhappy with he amount u will lose n set urself up for failure.
    ur aunti should not demand so much. go back n ask her to settle for u losing each month and learning to live a healthy lifestyle. maybe set a goal of 5kg a month. (its alot but if u worked hard each month maybe......maybe u can do it) i personaly couldnt maintain 5kg every month. but who knows........
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Maybe you and your Aunty could sit down and mutually agree on a healthy weight loss goal that would "earn" you the free honeymoon prize? That would show her that you are committed to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle change.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's very possible however you will not like the way you look afterwards.

I've lost about 130lbs in the past year and I'm pretty lucky with regards to sagging skin. I still have another 70 or 80 to go but it took me nearly 5 years of learning how to really make a lifestyle change to lose this weight.

Aim for 100lbs in a year. I lost a lot of weight initially so that's why I was able to get to 130 but if it was like it is now I'd probably only had lost 100lbs.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How much do you and your Aunty know about fitness and nutrition?

I'm going to say educate yourself on those topics. Talk to some
    professionals and make a decision based on knowledge.

You weigh 144 kg. You want to lose 75 kg. Leaving you weighing 69 kg

I'm sure losing more than half your body weight in a year is impossible
    to do in a healthy manner.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    75kg = 165lb = 14lb a month. Highly unlikely (as in pretty impossible) and if you lose that quickly you run the risk of loose skin and loss of LBM as well as a host of other detrimental side effects.

As you are curently over 300lb you can have a relatively aggressive weekly weigh loss goal at first. But this should be for a short time and should be readjusted over time to be more reasonable.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. It's taken me just over 2 years to lose 135 pounds
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    not forgetting of course that if you took up weightlifting your weight might not drop as rapidly but your body fat percentage would...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!