Is it ok to splurge?

Options
MEFME
MEFME Posts: 16 Member
I burned an extra 400 calories today and I was hoping to use at least 300 of them on a decadent dessert. is that ok? Will it inhibit my weight loss?
MEF

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Do it up!
  • squishy2981
    Options
    Nope, you are good to go. Tis the season anyways!! Now, if you consumed an extra 3500 calories in one day, which is how many calories in one pound of fat, then that may inhibit you for one day. But, I think you'll be perfectly fine!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas - who cares?!

And no, it won't affect your weightloss.
  • MEFME
    MEFME Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome, thanks guys!
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go over by several hundred calories today - but not going to sweat it........also, I will not weigh myself for a few days until all the salt is out of my system......lol. I will not blow it with one day of celebratory eating and neither will you.......have a WONDERFUL Christmas and enjoy that dessert!!!!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    One day is not going to affect your progress. Merry Christmas!
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    DO IT!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yes, it's ok.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I burned an extra 400 calories today and I was hoping to use at least 300 of them on a decadent dessert. is that ok? Will it inhibit my weight loss?
    MEF

I can't help but wonder if you really didn't already know at! -400 + 300 is still - 100; how can that possibly contribute to fat gain? What was the real reason you posted? If you would let us know that, then maybe we can answer your real question.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I for one am NOT trying to lose weight on Christmas day. I have the whole rest of the year to worry bout that!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You might see a pound or 2 come back on the scale, but it will go away in a few days.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    1 or 3 days of splurging won't undo everything you have accomplished so far. You should be able to enjoy life w/o worrying about the extra slice of pie or cocktail.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who said it on another thread but, "No one got fat being over one or two days". So whether you go over or not today, it's going to be okay.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    enjoy your decadence :laugh:
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    No splurging is not ok