AWESOME clean eating snacks?

Options
Trying to eat healthier, and am in desperate need of AMAZING quick, easy to grab snacks. What are your favorites?
Not trying to start a pity party here, but I'm pregnant, and if the snacks aren't appealing, I'm not going to eat them. Just how I am when I'm expecting; no amount of will power can get me to choose carrot sticks over beef jerkey and ramen when I'm preggers.
So let's get your favorite easy, scrumptious snacks! With Christmas over, I want to get my rear in gear before the New Year's. Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pregnancy!

I like a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (the light is only 35 calories, and I would never guess it was light....I got it for the flavor thinking it was 'regular' and was so surprised when I realized it was light) spread over Chicken in a biscuit crackers. One wedge was the perfect amount for me for....however many of those crackers are a serving.

Edit - Ohhh you said clean. Oops. Not awful, but I'm not sure you'd consider that "clean"
  • NewDavenport
    NewDavenport Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i like small tubs of yourgurt 100g only 85 calories, nestle diet moose 85 calories, bulla icey pops 65 calories, pretzles 16 pretzles 115 calories ( not everyday) lol, cruskets. these are the things that i have been having and they are working for me :)
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    broiled kale with a bit of cooking spray, crispy yummy, takes less than 5 minutes, hint but it ina head, the bagged pre cut is bitter
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    raw almonds

pistaccios

cashews

if you dont like cashews you must be whack
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pregnancy!

I like a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (the light is only 35 calories, and I would never guess it was light....I got it for the flavor thinking it was 'regular' and was so surprised when I realized it was light) spread over Chicken in a biscuit crackers. One wedge was the perfect amount for me for....however many of those crackers are a serving.

Edit - Ohhh you said clean. Oops. Not awful, but I'm not sure you'd consider that "clean"

While not "clean," I'll be honest... that sounds AMAZING! And I'm not super strict on the whole clean thing, I'm just trying to cut *most* of the junk out of my diet.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cut an apple into eighths, sprinkle with cinnamon (and honey or maple syrup if you're so inclined) and microwave :)
  • GymChick8
    Options
    Cut an apple into eighths, sprinkle with cinnamon (and honey or maple syrup if you're so inclined) and microwave :)

Or with peanut butter= devine!

Other fav's of mine are natural yoghurt with berries/ mango mixed through, homemade hummus with vegetable sticks, tin tuna with handful vegi's, zucchini fritters, almonds. I think that's most of what I have.

Mel

P.S. congrats on the pregnancy too :-)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Homemade popcorn. It takes all of five minutes to make, it's healthy, and it's filling. To make popcorn on your stove, take a pot with a lid, fill the bottom with just enough oil to cover it, then pour in just enough popcorn kernels to cover the bottom. Cover, put on a medium flame, and wait until there are 1-2 seconds between each pop. Season to taste (salt, old bay spice, cocoa powder, etc.).

Alternately, apple slices and peanut butter come highly recommended.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    if you dont like cashews you must be whack

Honey roasted or GTFO
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What about cottage cheese with fruit or cinnamon mixed in. I recently discovered this and I'm a little obsessed with it. lol

Also, a staple of mine is smoothies. 1 cup whole milk yogurt, a banana, and frozen fruit of your choice. If you're feeling brave, put a handful of raw baby spinach in there. You cannot even tell it's in there I swear.

Oatmeal. I like to eat oatmeal for a snack sometimes. It really keeps me full. That's quick oats, milk, fruit, a bit of sugar.

I think i just realized how much I rely on dairy in my diet. Woe to me if I ever become dairy intolerant.

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as clean, but I think all that's okay except for the sugar.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wendyland
    Options
    I'm not a big snacker. I feel more satisfied eating a larger meal. But, I like apples with sunbutter. Any veggie cut up with dip. (for clean eating, I would probably do an avocado based dip). Bacon wrapped dates.

I make a really good spiced nut and fruit mixture. Everyone loves it at parties. It's slivered almonds, pepitas, pecans, diced candied ginger, and cranberries. I put it in a big bag and add in cinnamon, dry ginger, sugar or honey, melted coconut oil (or your preferred oil). Mix well & bake on pan until a little brown. I also like it as a salad topping with a balsamic vinegar dressing.

I also like fage yogurt with frozen blueberries or raspberries and cinnamon. I bought a food dehydrator, so I make my own dried apples and pineapple.