At the very beginning and have a loooong way to go!

Options
I am a 33 year old mom of three. I have rollercoastered over the last five years with my weight. Not just yo-yo, but a full rollercoaster! I lost 90 lbs in 2008 and gained it all back during my last pregnancy. I currently weigh 280 lbs and cannot believe I have gotten this far. I was a size 5 as a young adult. I have a goal of over 100 lbs, but feel optimistic.

Recently (one year ago), I was divorced and struggling to find work again as I was a stay-at home mom. Over the last year, I have found good work, started back at school and am finding a rythm for everything. I am now ready to take the final step to getting myself back. I would appreciate any support and motivation.

Thanks!

Replies

• kdenee1990
    kdenee1990 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 22 with hypothyroidism. I used to be a size 6 then my weight ballooned out of countrol so now im at a 16. I too have to lose over 100 pounds, I'm determined. I've already made a lifestyle change now its time for scheduled exercise. I'm a pretty healthy vegetarian. I definitely can use some motivation. I'm a slow loser when it comes to weight!!@~
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mom of three also. I want to lose a total of 115lbs. I would love to be a support for you. I am on here everyday. :smile:
  • Masheba
    Options
    I too am a Mom of 3 and would love to have people who are motivated to lose with fat for good. Feel free to add me!
  • Sreed9901
    Sreed9901 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of 3 and 33 as well. Feel free to add me, I have over 100 to lose. I felt the same way after my divorce (7 yrs ago) and once I got a good job and things fell into place, I started to drop weight like crazy. Then I met my fiance and things started getting heavier on me. Add the 3rd kid and that equals LOTS to lose lol.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a journey you have been on! Sounds like you are in a really good place right now! I have been up and down with my weight since I was a teenager; have lost and gained the same 20-40 pounds over and over and am ready for the yo-yo to stop. One of my motivations for committing to this journey/lifestyle is that I really, really want to be a mom someday, hopefully (knock on wood) within the next couple of years and I want to be healthy when I get pregnant. I'm in a bit of an upheaval in my life right now as well; I found out right before Christmas that I'm getting laid off the first week of January, so I'm looking to move forward, stay committed to my fitness, and really build a life that I love and that makes me happy. I'm here on MFP for support and accountability along the way. I'm going to add you as a friend and anyone else with similar goals can feel free to add me as well! I'm on here every day :)
  • sarahbiggins1
    sarahbiggins1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am a 44 year old mum of 3 older kids. I have about 2 12 stone to lose. I have tried various diets over the years but really struggle to stick to one long enough to see results. I hope that I can really make a lifestyle change now so I can finally lose some weight and keep it off with mutual help and support . Any tips or advice would be most welcome. This is my first time using this app, so need to get to grips with it. Hope everyone is finding it a big help to them x
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    be warned I will be honest in my comments and opinions, but I will help in any way i can.

I started at over 320 and am now 260,.

Add me if you want.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support and motivation. I've met some really great people on this site.

You've lost 90 pounds before...so you can do this! That's what I'm telling myself too because I've been stuck for quite a while. 2012 was a really rough year for me but things are better and it's time to get back at it! Seems as though we're in the same boat! Good luck and have fun..because once you start seeing results you're gonna be ecstatic! :bigsmile:
  • :flowerforyou: Good morning! I too have been in a struggle since 4th grade. (I used to lie about my weight back then.) Anyway, please take this one day at a time, just remember these 2 simple things: I DID NOT GET TO BE THIS SIZE OVERNIGHT, SO I WILL NOT DROP ALL THIS WEIGHT OVERNIGHT. (We added this extra weight on ourselves in layers, so this extra weight must come off in layers also) the 2nd thing: YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN GET IN YOUR OWN WAY. How badly do you want this? Keep this in mind, (as I am doing everyday also,) and realize that no matter what people say or how they look at you, that does not matter, because they don't go through what you go through daily. They don't see what you see in the mirror. Please take encouragement from this because it comes from the heart, and I sincerely know how it feels to be stared at with disgust and hate. It is not a nice world we live in, but you and me can make it one! God bless you with your goals! You can achieve ANYTHING!!