-165lbs---50 to go! My first post (photos)

Options
My wife (skinnyb*tchbarbie27) has been using this site for awhile and has helped me a lot in my weight loss journey. By august 2009 I was 430 pounds. I was unhappy with my life, my job, my marriage, everything. In January of 2010 my wife sat me down and had to have a little intervention. We were no longer the happily wedded couple we were, we were miserable. We couldn't physically have sex with both of us being so large, my knees hurt, I was just plain unhappy. This is when I decided to change my life. Unfortunatly the damage to our marriage was too much to bear and we decided to seperate for 6 months but I had a lot to change. I started by just portioning my food. I was able to eat pounds of meat in one sitting and decided to do the one plate rule. One plate of food, one large salad, and that was it per meal. My wife and I got back together in September of 2010 and although she was unable to do weight loss on her own I was already down to 330lbs. I was doing basic cardio activities like walking and swimming to lose the 100lbs I did. My weight stayed the same until about July of 2011 when my wife decided to really get healthy. Since then I have dropped down to 265lbs and have started lifting with her. I also have opened my cardio options to even doing zumba classes which guys, are a lot more fun than you think!

My goal weight is 220lbs. I haven't felt this good since high school!

**Before 08/2012/**after 10/2012
qq8gfk.jpg

Feel free to friend request me. I am new to the site and could use some motivating friends!

Replies

• skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Baby I am so proud of you!!!! You told me you were going to post photos, I am SO glad you did. We are there baby, 45 more pounds for you, 58 for me. We can do this!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    your doing really well. keep it up.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :) Bet you feel great too!
  • katattak73
    Options
    awesome!! congrats to you and your wife!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great going!!! Congrats on all of your hard work and success!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    what a great story! congratulations to the both of you and wishing you continued success. :)
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up. What a great weight loss journey!
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look fantastic! And your smile says it all! That last 50 will be gone in no time! :smile:
  • JUP1T3R
    Options
    My wife (skinnyb*tchbarbie27) has been using this site for awhile and has helped me a lot in my weight loss journey. By august 2009 I was 430 pounds. I was unhappy with my life, my job, my marriage, everything. In January of 2010 my wife sat me down and had to have a little intervention. We were no longer the happily wedded couple we were, we were miserable. We couldn't physically have sex with both of us being so large, my knees hurt, I was just plain unhappy. This is when I decided to change my life. Unfortunatly the damage to our marriage was too much to bear and we decided to seperate for 6 months but I had a lot to change. I started by just portioning my food. I was able to eat pounds of meat in one sitting and decided to do the one plate rule. One plate of food, one large salad, and that was it per meal. My wife and I got back together in September of 2010 and although she was unable to do weight loss on her own I was already down to 330lbs. I was doing basic cardio activities like walking and swimming to lose the 100lbs I did. My weight stayed the same until about July of 2011 when my wife decided to really get healthy. Since then I have dropped down to 265lbs and have started lifting with her. I also have opened my cardio options to even doing zumba classes which guys, are a lot more fun than you think!

My goal weight is 220lbs. I haven't felt this good since high school!

**Before 08/2012/**after 10/2012
    qq8gfk.jpg

Feel free to friend request me. I am new to the site and could use some motivating friends!

Congrats man!!! and out of curiosity are you from Oregon? I ask because that's my home state and you are wearing a Duck shirt!!! Keep up the great work. You are a true inspiration to others!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss way to go
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats! Your wife looks great also.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great - thanks for posting your story so far
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great true love story. That each of you are dedicated to improving your health and your relationship, very inspirational. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a HUGE accomplishment! WTG!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love it! You look great! I creeped your wifes profile and she's made wonderful progress too. Congrats to both of you!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    good job
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    what a great story! congratulations to the both of you and wishing you continued success. :)

ditto! you two rock!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your wife!!! Amazing job!!!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the both of you! WTG!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great job!! What awesome progress you both have made. You should be so proud of yourselves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!