Gooaaaaalll!

Options
The original goal I chose when starting on MFP was chosen totally arbitrarily, and though I haven't reached that goal, I now pronounce myself done.

My BMI is within the healthy range. I weigh now what I did in 8th grade. The amount of bones I have sticking out is just right. The collar bones, wrist and ankle bones stick out, but though my ribs, sternum, and vertebrae can each be felt, they don't stick out visibly (I don't want them to).

I've also been told by three health care professionals, and many family and friends that I've done we'll, and they have each, in their own way, hinted that I'm done now, either by scoffing when I have told them my initial (arbitrary) goal saying I was crazy, saying, "don't get TOO skinny, now," saying, "you're done now, aren't you?" or, in the case of the doctors and nurse, saying that I was just fine the way I was, and one (the plastic surgeon I talked to about my saggy skin) even mentioned that I may not be happy if I lose much more weight, based on his experience with his other clients.

Replies

• aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal :)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    156 pounds is an incredible success! Way to go!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    you have done an amazing job. Congrats on your sucess!!!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hahah, you weight what you did in 8th grade! That is awesome...congrats to you!
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! How long did it take you?
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    omg, this is just fantastic! Congratulations!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Good for you!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment.
  • ArynnOctavia
    Options
    It took me three years, one of which consisted of casualy eating healthier and adding activity whenever feasible, and two of which consisted of more structured dieting and a serious commitment to exercising at least every other day.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats, 3lbs for me. I cannot wait!! Oh and I have figured out that taking care of my health is never done. I will always have goals as far as that is concerned :).
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The original goal I chose when starting on MFP was chosen totally arbitrarily, and though I haven't reached that goal, I now pronounce myself done.

My BMI is within the healthy range. I weigh now what I did in 8th grade. The amount of bones I have sticking out is just right. The collar bones, wrist and ankle bones stick out, but though my ribs, sternum, and vertebrae can each be felt, they don't stick out visibly (I don't want them to).

I've also been told by three health care professionals, and many family and friends that I've done we'll, and they have each, in their own way, hinted that I'm done now, either by scoffing when I have told them my initial (arbitrary) goal saying I was crazy, saying, "don't get TOO skinny, now," saying, "you're done now, aren't you?" or, in the case of the doctors and nurse, saying that I was just fine the way I was, and one (the plastic surgeon I talked to about my saggy skin) even mentioned that I may not be happy if I lose much more weight, based on his experience with his other clients.
    Once you reach your optimal weight, set different goals based on things other than mere weight.
    Have fun with it.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your Gooaaalll! Fabulous work, what a gift to be fit!

Cheers:drinker:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    fantastic work. Congratulations on doing a hard job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!