If you had $75 for fitness, what would you purchase?

Options

Replies

• Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would put it towards good running shoes from a running store.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    By far my favorite purchas is my Polar FT4! I would agree on the food scale, cheap and effective.

this. love my polarft4. and the food scale is really good. i don't weigh every single thing, but it gives me an idea of what 4 oz of steak or 6 oz of chicken looks like.

good luck.
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    Or a heart rate moniter. I would really like one of those.
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    I'd buy a session with a really good personal trainer who could then give you tips and workouts to do on your own that would be effective. The rest I would spent on resistance bands, or kettle bells, or whatever "equipment" the trainer recommended for you to get the most bang for your buck.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Depends somewhat on what YOUR goals are; at that price range a good pair of running shoes would be primary I would think. There are a lot of household exercises and such you can do with little to no equipment. If you were around here, I'd try to get another $25 and get a year's membership to the gym that advertises $99 yearly membership... That would open up your options tremendously. But anything you do, you have to own good shoes.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I want knee pads! And good, durable gloves. I'm clumsy by nature + I run so I've ruined two pairs of gloves and totally scarred up my knees from all my falls lol
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    One of those cheap pay-by-the-month gym memberships for a few months.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I just bought a buuunch of stuff: Lots of work out clothes (doesnt seem like you can have enough), polar heart rate monitor (VERY helpful), a set of 3lb and 5lb hand weights, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, new running shoes, socks.... There is a lot you can get! Yoga mat? Resistance bands? Think about what kind of training you like to do and get things to encourage that behavior.... but I do highly recommend a lot of work out clothes since the more you do it, the more you sweat through them!
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stuff that I like a lot, but by far the best thing I've gotten is my Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. It makes me feel so much more confidant in my calories burns. It is AWESOME!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A food scale.

Yep. Got mine for $11 on amazon.

I would probably use the rest of the money for good running shoes.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Polar ft7 hrm
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    A jump ropre and some dumbbells.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    HRM best purchase I have made followed by fitbit!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    One of those cheap pay-by-the-month gym memberships for a few months.

That was going to be my suggestion. Followed by:

Heart rate monitor. I didn't realize they were as cheap as $75 now. I've always had Polars.
    Interval Timer: Gymboss is a good brand.
    Rep counter.
    Dumbbells, or a fitness bar to which weight plates can be added.
    Fitness mat. Harbinger is a good brand.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    kettlebells.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    A session with an excellent physical trainer to get me on track.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Sports bras.
  • edena1987
    edena1987 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nice running shoes!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'd you want a workout with squats Kettleworx for sure! Great programme and around that price range! X
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Time with a personal trainer some basic work out equipment, yoga mat, some hand weights.