FITBIT QUESTION

Options
I recently got a Fitbit from my husband for Christmas. Can you synch it on any computer or just the computer you set it up on? Like if I use my home computer for set-up can I bring the dongle to work to synch it here at work too? Also does anyone still use a HRM or do you trust the calories burned on the fitbit to be accurate?

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    As long as you install the fitbit drivers and have the dock plugged in it can be synched on any computer. I used to do that at both work and home.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    ok..thanks! :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I have it synced on my work computer and my home computer. Like scottb81 said-you just need to install the fitbit drivers.

I said it before (I think I told you if not I meant to) I use my HRM for my calories burned and just entered it into MFP myself when I'm done, it adjusts it here and on Fitbit's website.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    mine will sync up to the home computer (when it wants to connect and then at my friends because he has one too.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It will hold about a week's worth of data if you can't get to a computer.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to have the Fitbit Ultra, but it broke on me about a month ago. It was ok, but I hated having to wait until I was at my computer to sync it, which would end up being late at night after work, we are not able to use our work computers for personal stuff like that. I just ordered a Fitbit One which is the new one, it will sync with your mobile phone through blutooth. So if you got the new one you can sync it anytime youre near your phone.

It does seem to be accurate with the calorie count I've found with running and walking. Havent tried it with anything else, I used to Kickbox, but I cant imagine it would accurately measure that, but I never tried so it might.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    I used to have the Fitbit Ultra, but it broke on me about a month ago. It was ok, but I hated having to wait until I was at my computer to sync it, which would end up being late at night after work, we are not able to use our work computers for personal stuff like that. I just ordered a Fitbit One which is the new one, it will sync with your mobile phone through blutooth. So if you got the new one you can sync it anytime youre near your phone.

It does seem to be accurate with the calorie count I've found with running and walking. Havent tried it with anything else, I used to Kickbox, but I cant imagine it would accurately measure that, but I never tried so it might.

I have an iphone 4 and did not think it would sync with it...I thought it had to be a 4s or 5!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The fitbit is great for walking-type activities. It will not accurately calculate other types of exercises. I would recommend getting a HRM to accurately calculate your workouts.