20lbs by March

Options
My daugther's 6th Bday is in March and I want so BADLY to be down 20 lbs by then. Any help on how to make this happen?

Replies

• Fierystrawberry
    Options
    Me too. I am going to try to eat better and work out at least twice a week. I lost 20 pounds so far just by eating better alone. I was suprise to found out how bad things are we eat everyday. Good luck!
  • kmclainmurray
    Options
    my 21st birthday is in march and i so badly want to lose 20lbs by then : ) just like you. lets do this
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm in. I want to be down 20 by March. Are you going to start a challenge?
  • katattak73
    Options
    i will be 40 in march and i want to lose 40 lbs by then but my goal may be too high so ill settle for one-derland ;) You can do it if ya wanna add me for support feel free!
  • MsHoo
    MsHoo Posts: 4
    Options
    I want to lose 20lbs by May but would love to join :)
  • MN_Runner2012
    Options
    Team work! I want to lose 20 by March as well, my next race. The less I weigh the faster I will be.
  • heidistone83
    Options
    I'm in. 20 lbs by March sounds good to me!
  • itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same boat. Only thing is I've been stuck (plateaud) since I lost my first 18lbs. sigh.

Pls share tips on how to make this happen sooner than March!!!
  • miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too but in a healthy way. I'm just going to try to exercise more. Eating have always been an issue yoyo between eating too much or not eating enough. I do have history of eating disorder and have currently relapsed - trying to eat enough to not going into starvation mode.
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So, I'd like to do this too, but I will respond to the original OP as far as some advice. Take it or leave it, I normally don't do "advice" but I will tell you what has been working for me.

It's a long, tedious, boring procress (as most weight loss is!).

*Log everything and see where you are going over, calorie wise. Eating a little heavy on dinner? Try adding more fiber to fill you up with less.

*Kick up your workout. Going to the gym is great twice a week, but maybe add in a long walk once or twice a week. Or a run. Or add a gym day. Whatever.

*To add to this, incorporate weight lifting. I don't mean go bench press 200 pounds (unless you can) but research some things you can do. You would be AMAZED at how this helps. My weight lifting routine includes a low pulley row, bench pressing, hamstring curl, and leg presses (to name a few) The myth is that you need to do many reps at a low weight... you're wasting your time if you do this. Do a heavy enough weight so that your form is perfect for your first few reps without you having to think about it, then getting progressively difficult as you go along. Your last couple reps should be pretty difficult and you should be concentrating heavily on your form. IF you add weights into your routine, make sure to give your muscles a day of rest in between workouts!

*Stretch in the morning.

* EAT ENOUGH. Make sure you are eating enough calories per day to fuel your body. And I honestly wouldn't "eat back" my workout calories.

*Drink lots of water, and cut out all processed drinks if you can.

*Keep at it! Even if you have a bad day, every new day is a day to start over... it's NOT the end of the world! AND, if you don't hit your goal by the first of March, celebrate how far you HAVE come!

I have lost 27 pounds in four months.... 25 of it in the first 3 and have kinda fallen off the wagon this last month. But in my first three months I was doing all the things I outlined above. This month, not so much. :) So I definitely know what I need to do... just have to do it as well. :)
  • Mychynnagirl
    Options
    I would REALLY like to lose twenty pounds and be able to KEEP IT OFF!!! I am always really excited to start something but have a tendency to drop off. Either boredom gets me, eating with and like my husband of 3 years, or I reach a plateau. I want to be able to push through and love the baby steps. I look at numbers...weight, inches and jean size. I joined WW in Dec. 2011 and lost 20 lbs over the first 5-6 months and then nothing!! I joined a gym and try and make it three times a week. I recently went on a cruise, caught the flu, ate holiday portions and am ready to get back on track!!! I want to feel good about my body and age and enjoy life. Don't get me wrong I enjoy life and still fit into my smaller clothes BUT I have gotten distracted and it is time to get moving and treat this body right!! =]
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Why set a date? You have a goal already, why not just work towards it every day and arrive when you arrive?
  • MsEmily1974
    MsEmily1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... 20lbs by March! I lost 15 pounds after joining MFP in 2009 and managed to keep it off for almost 2 years. Then my stress level at work kicked up dramatically and I started working on my Master's in the evening (after the kids go to bed). Missing work outs due to work and missing sleep due to school... I have gained back the 15 + 5 more. Sigh... looking at Christmas pictures was horrible. The only ones that I wanted to keep were those in which I was hiding behind my kids. ;( This is ridiculous and I am reclaiming my sanity... and my body! I am headed to New Orleans for vacation in March and I am not hiding behind anything!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I just joined a group... elegant by easter. There's weekly mini challenges and I love these things for motivation!
  • kickballgirl
    kickballgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My sisters wedding is in march and i would like to loose 20lbs. by then so i look good in my dress.....
  • MeenaSimmons
    MeenaSimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this--getting back on the wagon after gaining 15-20lbs during my first semester of grad school. Spring break is the first week of March, I want my body back by then.
  • itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What is everyone's plan to accomplish this?
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 20 lbs by march, my family will be visiting me for the week at the beach and swimsuits are not my friend.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i will be 40 in march and i want to lose 40 lbs by then but my goal may be too high so ill settle for one-derland ;) You can do it if ya wanna add me for support feel free!
    :noway: 40!!?? you look way younger then that
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    That sounds doable. Just make sure you eat right and work out.

I may make this my own goal since my birthday is in March. I have never in my wieghtloss attempts pasted 17 pounds lost.

Feel free to add me.