If you had $75 for fitness, what would you purchase?

Options

Replies

• cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Athletic ear buds. Ones that don't fall out when I run. I feel like I am spending unnecessary energy constantly placing them back in my ears.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    a food scale and HRM
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    A fitbit, maybe? Sweet running shoes? Gym membership?
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Food scale or Fitbit
  • nefbaker
    Options
    New running shoes
    :)
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Athletic ear buds. Ones that don't fall out when I run. I feel like I am spending unnecessary energy constantly placing them back in my ears.

When I run I use the over the ear ones ... sony makes nice flexible ones and they don't fall off/out. I think I got them at Target.

With the $75 I'd get a 15 pound body bar and a personal trainer session.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.... Is it $75 or $100?
    It could be $100! Lol I just don't know if I want to use all of it on that or save a little in case of needing something at random.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Really depends on your goals. For me I'm taking my gift card and getting a power tower so I can use that for upper body and core workouts using my body weight.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Wow! Lots of nice ideas! I appreciate it. I really would like a mat (someone mentioned this). I used to LOVE gymnastics and I think with a thick exercise mat I would practice and exercise more as well. I also didn't consider an MP3 player with nice headphones and I don't have anything to play music now. I have not even one sports bra and no exercise clothes (or many bras that fit or pants that don't fall off of me :/) so maybe that is one of the best ideas too. I love all of them though and I need to think before I use the money because I don't normally just spend, but it was a gift the person insisted be spent directly on myself. xo You are all very helpful and nice!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have $100 from Christmas and I want to use it for workout supplies: weights, juicer, workout clothes, heart rate monitor (although I have a body bugg that is okay, I think it would help even more)

I don't know what to purchase for myself. What would you pick? If something else, let me know because I could use the ideas! I don't have a lot of stuff besides DVDs and Video Games to exercise with because we don't have a lot of money. xo I also want to start a new routine with lotssss of squats for now, so any equipment/weights that would be good for that would be nice. :]

u can find some good stuff at thrift store sometimes they have weights u can buy
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Really depends on your goals. For me I'm taking my gift card and getting a power tower so I can use that for upper body and core workouts using my body weight.
    Not sure what that is! Not sure what plates are either? Someone mentioned some sort of plate? I would love to put it toward a rowing machine and add the rest, but I have no where to put it. lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor. A Polar FT7
    Or a set of adjustable weights.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I have $100 from Christmas and I want to use it for workout supplies: weights, juicer, workout clothes, heart rate monitor (although I have a body bugg that is okay, I think it would help even more)

I don't know what to purchase for myself. What would you pick? If something else, let me know because I could use the ideas! I don't have a lot of stuff besides DVDs and Video Games to exercise with because we don't have a lot of money. xo I also want to start a new routine with lotssss of squats for now, so any equipment/weights that would be good for that would be nice. :] Thank you.

u can find some good stuff at thrift store sometimes they have weights u can buy
    Not sure about near here, but I can look! I live in Chicago: One of the most obese places and in our area, it shows. Lol. Not a lot of equipment usually, but it is a good idea to look, just in case I get lucky for once. :]
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Heart rate monitor. A Polar FT7
    Or a set of adjustable weights.
    "adjustable weights" Oh! That didn't even cross my mind and I kept thinking "What weight would I pick?!" lol
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    dumbbells
  • Beyond_Value
    Beyond_Value Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to get some resistance bands

I would hold on to as much as possible right now.

Keep exericsing with tapes and eating healthy.

They say 80% is what you eat and 20% is exercise.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Get a little scale to weigh portion sizes. It's not as much trouble as you would think. They have "cute" ones on Amazon for 30-40 bucks.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands and food scale
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One hour with my PT is $60. I'd use the rest for digital food scale. Would die without mine.
  • handerson2005
    handerson2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands = $30 on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Products-Resistance-Exercise/dp/7245456313/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356554116&sr=8-1&keywords=resistance+bands) You can do so much with those and body weight exercises.

Beyond that, I'd hold out on everything else until you know what you want.