resisting temptation

Options
i get into work and there are a box of donuts!!! what is it about those tiny little morsels of processed crap and refined flour and sugar, that make it so hard to resist?! i'm hungry and eating my own food, but i hear them whispering my name. and even though i know i won't enjoy it, i still want one! not just a bite... i want a whole one! haha uuugh

Replies

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I fell to temptation today because a coworker brought a pie to work today. At least I just got half of a slice.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Be strong! Everyone at my work decided to bring all their easter leftovers here, so the kitchen is FULL of cookies, cakes, homemade mac n cheese, and enough bread to feed the entire Faerie kingdom. Oh and Candy, could not forget the BOWLS of candy! Needless to say, I have not stepped foot into the kitchen this week!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Be strong, and hold on. This to shall pass. I have been there, I went to the waffle house one night with some friends and ate everything that wasn't nailed down. I felt really yucky afterwards. Look at all you have lost. Be Strong!!!!:smile:
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Options
    Good job! lol!
    I have a really hard time as well. I live in Guam (it's a tiny island south of Japan) and it's in the culture to EAT and share food. So my coworkers seem like they're ALWAYS bringing in food so I have to fight this on a daily basis. But it feels good when you resist, better than if you were to give in.
    But it's okay if you just have a little bit here and there, it depends on the type of person you are. For me, a little bit means MORE! hehe
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    i get into work and there are a box of donuts!!! what is it about those tiny little morsels of processed crap and refined flour and sugar, that make it so hard to resist?! i'm hungry and eating my own food, but i hear them whispering my name. and even though i know i won't enjoy it, i still want one! not just a bite... i want a whole one! haha uuugh
    Ewww no you don't. They taste like, *insert your most hated food here*! Besides, they use this thick block of white shorting and still wind up so dry, you need to wash them down with something to drink.

Did that help? :)
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    Ewww no you don't. They taste like, *insert your most hated food here*! Besides, they use this thick block of white shorting and still wind up so dry, you need to wash them down with something to drink.
    Did that help? :)

yes!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    At a WW meeting one day the leader described a doughnut to us. She said if you take it in one hand and hold it out...squeeze it as hard as you can and you get a little ball of dough and sugar and a whole lot of nasty grease running down your arm! Do you really want that doughnut now that you know all it is is a tiny little ball of dough?? YUCK! my husband gets doughnuts every Sunday before church...good thing they make me sick!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    JMarie, I call these people "food pushers." Stay away from them and their tempting treats and also ignore their offers to go to your favorite fast food resturaunt every day.
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    i love all you MFP people!

Now i just want to throw the donuts away to make sure no one else eats them! hahaha