The Fresh Market

Options
Mnecka
Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
I'm all for healthy eating, but let's be honest, it can be pricey!! I have a VERY strict food budget right now and that makes it a little harder sometimes to make the healthiest choices when shopping.
So with that being said, does anyone shop at The Fresh Market stores? And if so, what are the prices like in comparison to other grocery stores?

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't but I do know you can get all kinds of special on vegetables and fruits at Aldi's. Plus check your local supermarket adds for coupons on vegetables. They are out there... Good Luck... :)
  • Megzfitlog
    Options
    I shop there. They are in line with Trader Joe's and Safeway. MUCH more expensive than, let's say, Walmart, but cheaper than Whole Foods.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I go there for "specialty items" only... they are much more expensive than a run of the mill store!
  • deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started using "door to door organics" to supply weekly veggies. Im not sure they are widespread yet...but some places int he midwest have them. They may be a bit pricey but it supports local organic producers.If you are going to buy organic anyway I think its comparable.

I think I saved the biggest amount of money for the food budget by getting back to vegetarian/vegan diet plan. You have to be aware of protein sources, but wow! Im just shocked by how much meat and bread actually costs...and how often people are willing to pass on carrots or another healthy veg in order to pay for chicken or beef and overpriced bread products (that arent that healthy either). Just an idea.

I like NOT going to the market because I'm not tempted as much. And I like that whatever I do get through the service is great quality!
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It seems that it's more of a specialty place to shop, I see. I wish there was a Trader Joe's here :frown: And I do try to support my local farmers market, but sometimes it's hard to actually get there due to the hours I work, even on the weekends.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm all for healthy eating, but let's be honest, it can be pricey!! I have a VERY strict food budget right now and that makes it a little harder sometimes to make the healthiest choices when shopping.
    So with that being said, does anyone shop at The Fresh Market stores? And if so, what are the prices like in comparison to other grocery stores?

Although you might see it as pricey now you need to consider the benifit of being healthy. IE if you currently take any kind of medication by getting healthy you can cut out those costs. invest now in your future and avoid problems down the road!!!.

I'm speaking from my experiance and what i've done i use to spend $300 a month on medications, now i don't spend a dime and it's all thanks to healthy eating and excerize of course.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I go there. They carry these German barrel pickles that I love. And they have really good turkey bacon that I can't get anywhere else near here. But, since Kroger started to develop their whole foods section at a great price point, I find myself going to other places much less.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    trader joes is a cheaper alternative to whole foods and fresh markets.