I am motivated in my head but not my heart!!

Options
I am a 233 pound young 22 year old single mother. I am 5'9 and I am very unhappy with my current weight. Before having my daughter 2 years ago I was very healthy and happy with myself. Then the weight came on from there. Okay I've been on here for a few months now and I love the support I'm getting. I mean I get motivated in my head I'm thinking okay I'll do it tomorrow or maybe the next. An it never gets done. I'm not sure what it is. I get lazy or tired. There's noting going on for me atm other then raising my daughter. So I really have no excuses. I am not depressed I am actually a really happy person. I'm just wondering is there anyone who's had this problem and what did they do to get that little boost. I want and need to do work out and do it on a daily basis but I just can't find myself to do it!! If it's the case of the lazy's then how'd you shake them. :) Thanks!

Replies

• Phoenixchichima
    Options
    just try to do good, TODAY. dont think about losing all the weight. just do good TODAY
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me...cause I am a selfish person. I want every day and every minute of my life I can. I want those days to be filled with joy, excitement, energy and be pain free. I want to be a role model to my kids...my grandkids...my wife...my friends. I dont want to be looked at as lazy just because I am heavy. I just want to be the person that is in my heart...that is not restrained from doing things because I dont have the energy or am to big. So yeah, I am selfish to want the life I want and am not going to be cheated of any of it....this is what motivates me every day!
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Start now don't delay! I was stuck in that same rut (minus the child) for months because it seemed like I had so much going on! It helps if you have a fitness partner even if its just to go walking together. My friends motivate me to get out and do stuff all the time. Start out by eating healthier. Don't feel like you have to go cold turkey outright, just make gradual changes to your lifestyle so it sticks longer and isn't too much of a shock to the system. Being on MFP helps a lot too. I always get on here and look at the success stories and it gives me a boost! Another thing, put some music on at home and get cleaning and dance around. I know it sounds crazy but you burn HEAPS of calories doing this and it makes you feel happier. I know if my house is tidy I'm more likely to cook lots of healthy meals and be more creative. Plus there's not that guilt of having a messy house and you'll be free to enjoy life! Sorry if I'm rambling but these are things that helped my super lazy butt off the couch! Feel free to add me for motivation and support :)