not new here, but back and disgusted

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Hi all
I am so mad at myself. 2 years ago I looked GOOD, thanks to MFP. Well, I stopped smoking and stopped logging my food, and stopped watching what I put in my mouth, and low and behold, 30 pounds back on. I'm going to be 40 at the end of May and I can't be this disappointed in myself when I turn it. So hopefully, I can get in the right state of mind, and get my butt back to the smaller version it once was.
Jennifer

Replies

• sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    Options
    You can do it! Be proud of yourself that you are back b/c thats a big step just to decide to change your body. You may be mad today and upset but in a week when you see yourself a pound or more lighter you will start feeling better and getting more excited about whats to come. Good luck!
  • skinnyjweb
    Options
    Hi I just turned 40 this year too! It really starts to change your perspective on "why" you want to lose weight. Hope it goes well for you. Don't beat yourself up just get up and start moving and eating nutritional foods!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Good luck to you! You know you can do it!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    oh man do I feel your pain!

I quit in December. Still fighting the cravings!!! And my way of dealing with it the first month - replacement therapy - chocolate. Cripes. I gained 20 lbs. Just this morning the scale dipped 2.2 lbs from my start weight and I came in Feb!!!! I think the slowed metabolism just has not helped - so no matter what, keep going. Without the nicotine boost, it *might* take a tad longer to get your body to respond than it did the first time. I really, really, really hope not because it's been a tremendously frustrating 6 weeks for me and I wouldn't want anyone else to have to put up with that - but I'm here to say - no matter how long it takes, there is a light. Regardless, you're on the right road. Quitting smoking, dealing with the repercussions and then managing that is HUGE. Congratulations and welcome back. :-) You'll do it again and this time, it'll be even better because you'll be able to breathe easier on multiple levels. Good luck!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Welcome back!!!
    Probably many new faces here, but still a great place for support and motivation!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that--so many times (I'm 57yo). A friend told me something so simple, I was surprized I had not thought of it--ever: As soon your pants or skirt start feeling tight, go on a diet and lost that 3 pounds immediately. Upping exercise, drinking more water, forgoing one highly-caloric thing might be the ticket to keep you (and each of us) at the weight we want to be. I always went out and got larger clothes, silly me. Who knew? ;) Maybe this time, it will work for me, too. Mind Power! We can do it!!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Welcome back Me Lady.

*big hug*

Just get that 2 weeks under your belt on you'll back in the groove of things.
  • pricesus
    pricesus Posts: 10
    Options
    I am right there with you... have been on the yo-yo all of my adult life....so why not one more time. Maybe I will get it this time.... it is not a ' diet ' but a way of life..... portion control, healthier choices, exercise. I believe WE can do it!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Welcome Back!!! I'm glad you posted this; as when I was turning 40 (nine years ago), I lost 25 pounds because I was turning 40 and I wanted to look good; so I turned 40 looking great. Well, eight 1/2 -nine years later, I am trying to lose 45 pounds - hum guess what I put that 25 pounds back on and added another 20, so I have been thinking through my journey how will I look when I reach my goal of 45 pounds, and how will I look when I turn 59 am I going to be back here at MFP looking to drop 65 pounds? I really don't want to be in that boat, I want to be able to turn 59 at the same weight as I will be turning 49/50; and I truly believe the only way to do that is to get on the scale more regularly when I am not dieting.

During the diet process, we live and die by three little numbers, we reach our goal and then we stop living and dieing by those three numbers because we are at a number we like. Well, I have come to the realization that after we reach those three numbers we have to continue to live and die by the scale and when a gain of 5 pounds hits, we take action immediately!!!!!

Let me know if there are others out there that feel the same way?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'll be 40 in June, so I'm right there with ya'!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!! I've been missin from here for along time.I've had alot goin on health wise.I was very sick for along time.I'm doin alot better now gettin back on track thought I was gonna die there a few times really scared the crap out of me n my family but by the Grace of God I am doin so much better.I'm finally back to what u would call normal as you can get I guess.Through all of this I have gained alot of weight back from not being able to be active.My kids have lost out on alot due to this.I've lost out on alot too not being able to do anything with my kids.I have 3 kids Josh 11,Draven 7 and Ayona 4. Today I decided sence I am doin better and I have recently gotten closer to God it is time again to tackle this weight for good. I now weigh 241.1lbs my goal is to lose a 100lbs by the end of summer before August 15th before my kids go back to school.Its alot but I am DETERMINED to beat this.I beat everything else now time to beat this one to.Hope everyone has a great week if any1 has any tips for me feel free to send them my way.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, girl!!! I lost 35 lbs as a teenager (that I had gained), then gained some back... then got 15 of the original off until last fall, when I put on 30 lbs, putting me PAST my highest weight. I've lost 17 of it so far, so I'm almost halfway to my goal!!

Girl, you can do it!! Keep your chin up, stay in the forums and add some friends to keep you accountable and to encourage you!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Well, hello FORKDOWN!
    long time no see! :love: :wink:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    Trying to get the eating back on track, then ease back into the exercise. Eating is 90% of it! And I know my body loves exercise, but I have to lose some weight before my knee buckles underneath this load! :laugh:

log, log, log, water, water, water
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Welcome back, best of luck to you!