p90x???

Options
ok i just want some feedback on this product, anyone here used it or using it??? Does it work??? How do you like it??? Should i buy??? Thanks for any input!!!

Replies

• RIG30
    RIG30 Posts: 6
    Options
    P90X will give you great results IF you stick to the nutrition guidlines. P90X is extremely challenging and is not for beginers.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    If you are a beginner try the Power 90 program first. I am doing it and am 9 weeks through it. I have seen great results so far. 41 pounds lost.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    P90X will give you great results IF you stick to the nutrition guidlines. P90X is extremely challenging and is not for beginers.

Ok, what do you mean by beginners??? I do the Jillian Michaels Workout DVD's, Yoga, Carmen Electra's Aerobic dvd's, and Tae bo... i switch these up week to week!!! So do you think i can do it????
  • LizELopez
    LizELopez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has been using P90X and he loves it , I saw the difference it was making for him and I started to do it as well. They have 3 different routines you can follow right now my bf is doing the classic while im doing the Lean . It isnt easy but you can really feel the workouts working on your body. The only thing is that it could be kinda expensive.
  • mattle
    mattle Posts: 14
    Options
    EDIT: After I wrote this I noticed your reply that listed what you have been doing workout wise, you may be in better condition than me and be able to start on P90X after all :)

After looking into P90X, I knew it was too much for beginning to get back into shape. I instead chose the Power 90 system. It is less intense than P90X and made by the same people (and instructed by Tony Horton). It has two levels of cardio (called Sweat) and two levels of strength training (called Sculpt) along with two abdominal workouts (called ab ripper). You start off doing alternate days of the Sweat and Sculpt workouts on the 1-2 level, then eventually move on to the 3-4 level. The 1-2 level ab ripper is 100 mixed style crunches (10 sets of 10 reps) and the 3-4 level ab ripper is 200 mixed crunches (10 sets of 20 reps).

I have been doing the program for about 2-3 weeks and really like it. I have seen results in that time for sure, in cardio health, strength, and flexibility. My plan is to finish the Power 90 system, then move onto P90X when I feel ready. I would recommend starting with Power 90 first.

The Power 90 website should you want more info:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/power90.do
  • EricBlem
    EricBlem Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in my last week and I've lost 23 lbs so far
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    My husband and I just started P90X last night and there is a "before you start the program" fitness test that should help you know if you are fit enough. Just judging by the exercise programs you listed, I would think you could pass the fitness test and do P90X.
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    If you're looking to go from un-fit to fit this is not the program for you. This program is design for those who have been seriously working out hard and have accomplish a high level of fitness. I personally have been with a trainer for 2 yrs. I workout about 2 hrs a day and have lost 65 pds over the past yrs. I am currently in the 3rd week Phase 1. It is an extreme program and unless you're able to keep up at 80%, whatever results you're looking for will take longer to achieve. It is not for beginners!
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Sorry, my reply was meant specifically for GiGi76.....
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    I'm in week 9 of the Lean version of P90X and I'm very happy with the results. I'm down 13 pounds so far and looking/feeling much more toned. Not really following the nutrition guide, but using MFP to monitor my calorie/fat/carb intake. Would definitely recommend it.