Starting you weight loss journey but crave pizza and ice cre

Options
Hey everyone, I have fell in love with this website. I feel it is a great help in inspiring me to lose weight. BUT I have a small (or big) problem, My husband and I love to eat, but he however never gains a pound in fact he is trying to gain weight. So what do you do when you are trying to lose 30 pounds and your husband wants to order stuffed crust pizza?? I don't want to deprive him because I'm trying to be healthy, can I give in and eat 1 or 2 slices if my food chart says I can spare the calories or do I trust my brain that says Pizza is nooo good for you??? Help me fulfill this cravings!!!!

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I don't deprive myself, I just eat less than I used to, and overall try to eat healthier. I've had a few slices of stuffed crust pizza since joining this site myself. Just don't do it all the time, and be sure to have the calories for it! That's my opinion!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have the thin delite from Pappy Murphy's and as far as ice cream Blue Bunny's 90 calorie peanut butter fudge bar occasionally fills the ticket.
  • anwickes
    anwickes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeswolfe6,

I often have the same problem living with 2 other fit and healthy guys.
    The real world truth is that you have a problem with your weight and they don't. You need to put your foot down and say NO.
    I know for a fact that this is extremely hard and I have failed many times but I have only just realised that even if you do stuff up, don't give up. Get back on the horse and keep going.

Keep a close eye on your weight and you will begin to understand what affects it and what doesn't.

I know this really hasn't helped but check out the following. It really inspires me at times where I want to eat everything.
    http://www.colonhealth.net/weight_loss/Mental_Toughness_for_Permanent_Weight_Loss.html

Best of luck,
    Adam
  • angel139
    angel139 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just looking in the data base to see how many cal 1 slice of pizza had
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    it took about a month for me to get over my strong desire for crappy food. I couldnt believe it when I WANTED a salad........craved it actually! :laugh:

I still had/have pizza but I order a small extra thin, light cheese and veggie one for myself. Surprisingly the family eats the left overs and now I have to get a large one!

DH has not had McDonalds or Wendys in a year. He said he doesnt miss it as long as I make him a big old homemade burger and baked fries.

Good luck on your journey, it is worth the travel time!
  • slims27
    slims27 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to put my thoughts in. I love love love icescream! But I have grown to enjoy sherbert! There are many flavors and very low in fat and calories. It satisfies my crave for the real stuff! Good luck with it. I am down 15.1 pounds since I started this on 03/19/10 and have to say this site has helped in so many ways!