Last few pounsd/kgs anyone?

Options
Hello everyone! I'm working on those last few pounds/kgs! I work out regularly and I'd like to clean up my diet a bit. I'm cutting out some of the extra fluff from the diet namely processed carbs (like bread) and subbing them for 'good' carbs like fruits and veggies.

Why am I doing this? Simply for me. I love my body and myself; I know focusing on nutrient-rich ingredients is the 'finishing touch' and so here I am! I'd like to partner up with others with the same goals. Any takers? :)

Wishing everyone success in their health/fitnses goals.

Love,
S

Replies

• Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello Darling,
    Yes, trying to do the same, though I've never been "on-weight" always just a little bit extra (like 10-12lbs). I've constantly been told I look 'fine', but I want to go the extra mile. Haven't been eating well recently, but yeah, let's 'friend' each other. I'm not into low carb, but I eat more or less a brown rice diet with a lot of veggies and fish.
  • synostosis
    synostosis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LookingFwd! Yes... I'm an omnivore, too. I'm not too strict on the carbs either but I know my morning toast and PB doesn't help me! ;) God I love nut butters! It's the weakness here and there that I've been meaning to kick to the curb. A new neighbour at my office is super fit and... he gave me some inspiration to let go of the over-reliance of carbs!

I thought :I could do this!!! Why am I settling for the 80% mark?! Why not go all the way? :) Excellence. Besides, I want my body to feel appreciated and afterall, my body and I are a team for life! :) Better keep her happy.

I haven't had my pb/toast for 5 days. :brokenheart: Ha!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    For me, I found that the last few pounds are really really hard...especially after staying so low cal for so long! Good luck with the carb-cutting. If you are finding it isn't working, try bumping up to maintenance cals for a month or two...you will gain a few pounds, but once you cut back again, it will be more effective. At least this has been my experience!
  • _namaste_
    Options
    I am with you all! I am looking to lose my last 5lbs or 10lbs (max) and really focusing on toning up. I am starting p90x this week and will be doubling up with extra yoga and running on most days. I have been a bit stalled on my weight loss for the past month so I bumped my cals up slightly to try and combat that. I may take the advice of bumping to maintenance and then back down after a while - it sounds like it could be just the thing! Anyone here please feel free to friend me if you feel I would be a good fit / encouragement for you. I eat as clean as I can, work out regularly, and always eat above my BMR. I don't believe in starving my body of what I know it needs. I want to lose healthfully and safely. :) I run, do yoga and strength train too.
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am with you all! I am looking to lose my last 5lbs or 10lbs (max) and really focusing on toning up. I am starting p90x this week and will be doubling up with extra yoga and running on most days. I have been a bit stalled on my weight loss for the past month so I bumped my cals up slightly to try and combat that. I may take the advice of bumping to maintenance and then back down after a while - it sounds like it could be just the thing! Anyone here please feel free to friend me if you feel I would be a good fit / encouragement for you. I eat as clean as I can, work out regularly, and always eat above my BMR. I don't believe in starving my body of what I know it needs. I want to lose healthfully and safely. :) I run, do yoga and strength train too.
    I'll be sure to do that. Good on you with the px90! Just fair warning, though, I wouldn't add to much on top of those workouts... at least until you get used to them. The first day I did them, I was so sore that I had bending my knees to sit on the toilet (for me it's running, calisthenics and ballet or yoga)
    LOL! Not for me. I really need the motivation now. I went on a bender last week and a half or so... I think I was really close too. HELP!
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was within a few ounces of goal #1 and 6 lbs to final goal last week. What happened? Christmas! It is all within my grasp I'm not giving up. I joined the Cupid challenge from Jan 2nd to Valentines Day I think I can make it happen in that time. 6 lbs from goal!
  • SweetPotato221
    Options
    Me too..... I've been steadily losing weight (was 145 in August 2010) over the past two years and was three pounds away from my goal-I just rejoined MFP after I fell off the wagon this holiday season nad gained back four pounds. Would love to add some friends who have the same goals- It's so hard to lose those last few pounds.
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have been on MFP since September and I have learned a lot but haven't lost a lot yet. I have only 7 kg to lose. I was so obsessed about those extra kilos that they made me unhappy. I was eating less than 1200 cal for decades. Now, I have increased to 1680 cal a day, I started eating more proteins, and I exercice 4x a week. I look slimmer and feel fit but the scale hasn't change. I have find out that the more meat I eat, the less I crave for carbs.
    This week I stopped logging since I do not want to stress with what I am eating because of the holidays. I want to do it right again starting from January 3rd.

Please feel free to add me. Anybody else who needs more friends is welcome to add me!
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm at this stage too. Lost 15kg and was measured at 15% body fat 5 weeks ago. Been eating nutrition dense foods and sticking to my deficit, exercise and macro intake as best I can. Want to reduce body fat to at least 10%. Really, when you get up to to this stage, numbers don't become so important, it's what you are happy with in the mirror. But of course, I'm still gonna look at my body fat % and drop it as low as possible before I go on a bulk. :smile: