Ready for take-off...NSV

Options
Had the best NSV...fitting into those tiny airplane seats with a bit of room to spare and cinching up the seatbelt, no need for the seatbelt extender anymore!!! And yes, it was nice not to get those dreaded "oh, I hope she doesn't have to squeeze into the seat next to me" glares from other passengers, in fact the man in the aisle seat down from me may have even flirted with me a bit, I made sure to flash him a little extra leg haha!

Replies

• osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    LOL! Great NSV!!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you!! What an awesome AWESOME NSV!!! I won't fly right now because of my size. I just don't want the humiliation. BUT, my mom is in end- stage renal failure and we live 2 states apart and I want to start making more trips to see and spend time with her, so my incentive is there and I' m gonna make it happen!!! Congratulations again!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ....show that leg! Loved your story. Thanks for sharing!
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear about your NSV! This is a major NSV I'm looking forward to when next I fly - mid 2013.
    Though I never needed a belt extender my heart sinks whenever I board a plane and look down at the tiny seat allocated for the long, 22+hour, Australia to Europe flight. I'm hoping my next trip, mid 2013, will be a lot more comfortable after I reach my goal of losing 27kg (59lb). Thanks for sharing.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yayyy! Love this! I felt the same way about amusement park rides :D
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congrats
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know that feeling well, from both sides of it. I was the dreaded "uh oh," guy for a long time. But I also remember the first time I sat down and had wiggle room. I just sat there with a goofy grin on my face.

Good work. Its those unexpected "good feelings" that keep us going.
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you! That is such a good feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!