Cellulite - How does one get rid of it?

Options
ZozoMonster
ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
I've lost a fair amount of weight, but the cellulite remains, and it looks... not so pleasant
Is there anything I can do to get rid of/help reduce it?
It's mainly on my thighs.

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Really the only thing is to get more muscles there.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Do you do any strength training? If not it's worth looking into. A number of women have posted on here that lifting zaps it away.
  • ZozoMonster
    Options
    I do swimming, walking and squats. I will try lifting but I don't know if that would be good for my back as I have a ripped disc. ENDLESS PROBLEMS lol
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    I do swimming, walking and squats. I will try lifting but I don't know if that would be good for my back as I have a ripped disc. ENDLESS PROBLEMS lol

Ouch ripped disc (painful) - I'm not qualified to advise under those circumstances but swimming definitely tones. Squats will help, if their weighted then even better. My legs are always on fire after a weighted squats session. Maybe you'll have to see a Doc before entertaining lifting, there's no point making it worse.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No amount of exercise is going to get rid of cellulite - its all down to your diet. Eat clean and you will notice a big difference to your skin.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My fitness monitor is a pro kickboxer (or some other kind of contact sport) she's absolutely toned, a complete fitspo you'd say, you can see every muscle in her back, torso and legs, absolutely toned and muscular (not a body builder though, she has her very feminine body).... But she still has cellulite in the back of her thighs.
    I've lost a lot of my cellulite in many parts of my body thanks to strength training. My tummy celullite is gone, and most of the celullite in my legs and thighs is gone as well. I'm in a far lower shape than my fitness monitor but I have far less celullite in my thighs than she does. I have cellulite that will never go away in other parts of the body though.

Still, it's a genetic thing. Try strength training but no one will be able to predict the final results, whether if it will work or not for you. If after a long time training you still see celullite you can only resort to liposuction. You don't need to use weights,... swimming, squats and other exercises will help a lot. There are also machines at the gym that don't put a strain on your back and help a lot to build muscle in thighs, bum and legs in general (i assume that's where your celullitis is). You should ask a fitness monitor at your gym (or even better, a personal trainer) to advise you on what exercises to do.

Good luck really!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's genetics. Working out and massages in the area are known to help but it is possible you couldn't get rid of it 100%. I believe that for me it's reduced since I started doing strength training but there's still some.
  • ZozoMonster
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard that it's impossible to get rid of completely, which sucks =/ but anything to improve it would be awesome
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Try some Easy and effective ways to remove cellulite.

• Lose weight by burning more calories than you consume each day.
    • Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.
    • Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.
    • Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.