Which HRM Should I Invest In? *PLEASE ANSWER UGRENT*

Options
Hello,

I am in the market for a heart rate monitor but know very little about them. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me the best option for someone like me who is female, 5'6, and 124.6 pounds. I'm not too sure if that matters but I read somewhere that the most accurate heart rate monitors take in account your weight, age, and gender. I'd just like a list of the best suited ones for someone like me. : ) Narrowing down would really help. My tread mill calorie count is useless thanks to the fact that it has no input. I'd be using this for running on a tread mill and some cardio workouts. Walking on the tread mill at a pace of 4mp as well, if that isn't too low to read .

Have heard a lot of possible feed back about the Polar Watches. Is the FT 7 better than the FT 4?
And how's this HRM? http://store.tech4o.com/products/379892/Accelerator_Pro_Women's

THANK YOU!

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and am happy with it. It's one with a chest strap so I get more accurate readings than the ones where you put your fingers on the watch.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Garmin FR60 & FR70 don't have GPS and would be good. If you plan to run outside, their GPS HRM's are fantastic!! Suunto is also good.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and am happy with it. It's one with a chest strap so I get more accurate readings than the ones where you put your fingers on the watch.

^^ This one. they are about 80 - 90 bucks depending on where you buy it. they also have an easy to replace battery in the chest strap and the watch part. it also automagically connects to most cardio equipment, so no need for holding onto the metal conductors. :)
  • LJP1982
    LJP1982 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also have Polar FT4 and couldn't be happier with it. It lets you use inputs, like you are talking about. I bought mine for $60-70 new
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 which I am happy with, don't go for any model below a ft4 as they don't have a calorie monitor.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 which I am happy with, don't go for any model below a ft4 as they don't have a calorie monitor.

Agree with this, I have the same one, it does everything you need. I got mine from Amazon.
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4. I love it. Easy to use and program and plus it's waterproof! I found mine on Amazon for about $70.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Says it can also be used in the swimming pool - never risked it yet!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Polar ft7 with chest strap :). Love it