Stopping Mindless snacking

Options
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anybody would like to join me try and stop mindless snacking. While my calories don't go overboard, my snacking calories are pretty much all sugar/unhealthy fats.

I plan on starting tomorrow, not gonna allow myself to have more than 200 calories coming from mindless snacking while cooking/when full. Wish me luck!

Replies

• Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay, I seem to be doing great as of now. I've stopped quite some snacking, and instead am eating very small, more frequent meals.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I used to have a big prob with snacking, but I found that the less carbs / sugar I ate, and the more protein that I consumed - the fuller I felt; the cravings went away after about a week.

Another thing that helps is getting a hobby that you can really get into that is very engaging, or simply getting out of the house more (removing yourself from your snacking area.)

Oh, and for those times when you get that urge to go to the fridge and you have no clue why you've opened it up - keep a 2 liter bottle filled with water in there, and take a swig every time you open up the door. I am not sure why, but that used to work a bit for me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Can you put up a picture please?

Thanks.
  • smithme09
    Options
    Great job with the snacking! It's one of my faults too. At first I told myself no more junk food at all, but I shortly realized that is impossible (at least for now), so I have been trying to limit myself to one "bad" snack a day. That way I still get something tasty but I can't overindulge. I'll keep working on my mindless snacking with you!