If you had $75 for fitness, what would you purchase?

Options

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    KlutchClub, shoes, healthy snacks, CorePower Yoga classes, new workout clothes, Yurbuds
    probably some combo of the above
  • TheCheekyButler
    Options
    Digital Food scales, skipping rope, fit ball, resistance bands and save the rest until you make more solid investment decisions.. All of this equipment is inexpensive.. If your begining to take up exercise spend little and see how much use you make outta them before spending all your money... commitment and dedication is the key for any exercise routine, without them - the equipment will be a waste of money.

P.s dont be fooled by miricle supplements that are suppose to achieve fast results. Anything good has to be worked for.. slow and steady wins the race!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    People seem to wonder what I want as far as a workout. Well, I am not having a lot of trouble losing or with food, more with exercise and strength training is especially difficult. I don't know seem to know where to start, no matter how much people tell me. I think it is because they throw out so many ideas at once I become overwhelmed, so I need to start with one. I want to start with squats because my glutes are a trouble zone! lol. I want to focus on toning my glutes, thighs and abs next. xo
  • Xandra101
    Xandra101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got HRM for Christmas. I would like to how much calorie I burn, so I can push myself harder.

If you work out indoor at home, maybe you just need good sport bras. Any pants and tee will do the job.
    I use sport clothes only at gym. At home, I just wear sport bra, comfortable shorts, socks, and shoes.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'd invest in protein, vitamin and fiber supplements.
    My eating habits are just not up to snuff...lol I tried hard to stick with whole foods...FAIL!
    When it comes to exercise, I need nothing but time - no gym, weights anything.
    I'll dance, run in place and to calisthenics anywhere, any time.
    My big failing is food intake, so I invest my money in what fills the holes in my diet.
    To each his own.
    Good Luck!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym so I bought a used elliptical for 50$ on kijiji/Craig's list. You can order great work out videos on line too, I use Jillian michaels.
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    time with my trainer :) weights + abbs fun times :)
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    or nike runners on sale :) neon
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A single kettlebell that was the absolute heaviest weight I could swing with proper form on amazon.com. I would use what was left to buy a doorframe mounted pullup bar.

If I could find a suspension trainer under that price (there are a couple, Walmart sells a $40 one) I would get that instead. Suspension training is all you need.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A Polar FT4 HRM, new workout clothes, or new running shoes.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    go to the store Five below if you have one and pick up a Mat for $5

get some dumbells (check online, people will ditch stuff cheap on cl), and an electronic scale for weighing your food...

if you really need to track your walking and jogging, they have devices for $5 there as well

if you have money left over, come back to me
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor! It helps a ton! MFP is never close to what I actually burn. That way you are not overeating or undereating...you know how many calories you have to work with!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Running shoes.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    here is what id do:
    find a Play It Again Sports. They have used exercise clothes and equipment for cheap! I found some cute workout clothes there clearance.
    go to Walmart for workout clothes. (again found mine clearance)
    I actually found some hand weights at the Goodwill!! You never know what you might find there.
    as for full price stuff- I got my MP3 player at walmart for under $20 and my yoga mat for around $20 something at walmart.
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would get a massage. Great way to get mentally and physically relaxed before starting my fitness routine in 2013,

But i wouldn't mind a new pair of running shoes. They would sure come in handy.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Heavier dumbbells and a new battery for my heart rate monitor.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor and a food scale!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you putting your money to good use. I would purchase a food scale, HRM (I love my Polar FT7) and/or a GOOD pair of workout shoes.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I use the gym so I don't really buy equipment but I love my HRM. I got the Polar FT7 and you can get it pretty cheap from Heart Rate Monitors USA...they had a coupon code online when I got mine too (just google search it).

Other than that, I'd probably buy workout clothes because I feel better while exercising and am actually more likely to do it if I like what I'm wearing.
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I live by my food scale (bought on groupon for $19) and my Polar F4 heart rate monitor (amazon $60)