Weight question

Options
Am I supposed to weigh myself in the morning or at night?? My mom says morning, my dad says night, I never thought it mattered? Thank you :D

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Who do you get along with better?

It doesn't actually matter but you're better off picking one time on one day and always measuring at that time and day in order to more accurately show trends in your weight.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning after using the potty. :)
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh in around the same time in the morning, after I go to the washroom with no clothes on :)
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning after using the potty. :)

^^this and completely naked. Seriously, I noticed that if i weigh myself in the morning and at night there's a huge difference. So I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, after using the potty and completely naked. I really dont care what my pj's weigh, I want to know what I weigh
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The important thing is to be consistent. A lot of things cause scale weight to change. If you eat or drink something, your scale weight will go up. If you go to the bathroom, your scale weight will go down. If you go to bed at night, your weight will be lighter in the morning because you spend the night digesting and becoming less hydrated (which is why a lot of people prefer to weigh in the morning).
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I will "weigh in" with morning. I agree, most important, be consistent. Also, IF you choose to weigh daily, be prepared for some wild fluctuations from day to day. If I work out extra hard or eat/drink differently for a day, the weight appears to go crazy. Sometimes I am down a few pounds from one day to the next, sometimes up. (But I remember that a pound is really 3500 calories, a lot of times water weight or dehydration makes the scale "lie") For this reason, a lot of people say just weigh weekly or monthly. That doesn't work for me, but I have learned not to panic or get overly excited, when there is a big change from one day to the next. I write each day's weight on a calendar I keep near my scale, so I can have my own daily record. But I just weigh in one day per week on MFP, only Monday. Something to consider...
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter as long as you are consistant, you are trying to gauge progress like for like.
    So if you initially take your weight in the morning butt naked then always weigh in butt naked in the morning.
    I personally weigh myself every 6 weeks in the evening with clothes on but I know the majority of people will bulk at that idea as that is generally when you are 'heaviest' (but at least it will be worst case) but only take weight as a reference point I tend to rely on a tape measure, the results are much more meaningful.