1000 calories over!

Options
2»

Replies

• veggievet
    veggievet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, it's hard for me to eat several small meals a day. I am a veterinarian, so it is a good day if I can sit down to eat for 15 minutes. I eat when I can, because it may be a 14 hour day! I have been bringing more fruits and veggies to work, but I still crave the bad stuff );
  • Rio98
    Rio98 Posts: 3
    Options
    I get up early before work and get on my cross trainer (or walk the dogs) for at least 40 min and have positive music going. I do the Tony Robbins style thing and use a lot of positive self language for the duration. This helps me feel good for the day - as I feel I have achieved something - and that is before even getting to work.

I eat 3 meals - of 100g protein and veg - and 3 small snacks - like 50g (or 1.8oz) of tuna or an egg or protein shake or veg sausage or hummus dip. I am pressed for time - and these take a minute to enhale when I am in a rush. Try this book for dips and filling foods if you are a vego - http://www.teachtheworldraw.org/bookanddvd.htm

I have lots of sugar free gum & hard candy on hand should I feel the urge.

Do the usual drink lots of water & go for walk when I get home or go to gym or whatever to get me moving for an hour (tape fave shows and watch while on cross-trainer).

i also went to the doctor and had a few blood tests done to make sure I am ok for thyroid, nutrient absorbtion etc (I wasnt - have pernicious anemia, and have that sorted now).

Most important - I have 1 day off a week. Usually Sunday. That way during the week, when I get a craving - I add it to my list of possibilities for my sin day ("hmm, might have that on Sunday"). By the time Sunday comes around I usually have some mad fixation on something and have forgotten the other 6 cravings I had during the week.

With a 14 hour day - it doesnt seem that you would get enough time for yourself, maybe? With these hours - maybe as long as you are healthy and happy the rest can keep.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options

Most important - I have 1 day off a week. Usually Sunday. That way during the week, when I get a craving - I add it to my list of possibilities for my sin day ("hmm, might have that on Sunday"). By the time Sunday comes around I usually have some mad fixation on something and have forgotten the other 6 cravings I had during the week.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this!
    I live for my day off!