So can you help me?

Options
I know the way to do it. I've done it before losing 67lbs but gaining back 25lbs within the last year due to over eating from depression. I would like your input to help my weightloss journey.

I am 26, 5'7, 230 (down from 272) and looking to get fit/lose weight. I typically measure calories and ignore everything else. I use the scale but understand it's the body fat that's important. I've recently been learning more about weight training though I love cardio and could play basketball until it physically made me sick (and has though I'm actually very active and into sports at this weight.)

What would be your macro/lifting suggestions paired with cardio to help me slim down/tone up and keep this going?

I've read the forms that were posted about this but can't seem to ever get it to where I feel comfortable.

I've began talking with someone to help with my emotional over eating but would like help/in put from all different sides of the issue.

Any and all suggestions will help and be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This www has a lot of workout routines that are designed for home use 3 days a week. The workouts average about 30-45 minutes depending on your rest times. https://www.muscleandstrength.com
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey I am getting back to the Jillian Michaels DVD's. She is tough and will kick butt. But there are alot of options out there best option is just to start trying them. If you find any you like, let me know I will try it with you!!!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will check out the site and the dvds.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    For me(and I think realistically for everyone) it's been mental. I've always had a little extra so I don't know what it's like to be a skinny thing at 115, I'm 5'2". I've never had a super healthy lifestyle so I didn't know I wasn't eating right even when I was ok with my weight. The 25 lbs that got me to where I am now happened after my mom died. I just didn't care and am an emotional eater and love sweets. It's taken years for me to finally get to a good spot, emotionally, where I was truly ready to make the commitment to lose the weight. I believe a major part of that was due to the change in my thinking. I started thinking positive about everything around me. People around me just ***** and moan about anything thing that happens while I started looking at the bright side of the situation. For example, you get into a fender bender...instead of *****ing about the damage, be thankful that no one was hurt and that the small dent could have been much worse. Instead of *****ing about it raining or snowing, look at the beauty of the falling snow or the calming sound of the rain falling. Think about all the people that don't have enough food to eat or a warm place to live and be thankful that you have both and an excess. My positive thinking started to make things better in my life which raised my emotional spirits which then started a circle of good things. Sure I still have down moments but I really make an effort to put everything into perspective and stop the selfish whining and realize that everything will be ok in the long run. Until we make a conscience decision that we truly want to make a change instead of just lip service nothing will change.

That's my 2cents worth about the emotional eating side and depression. It appears you have had success so far so just keep plugging along. This is a marathon not a sprint. Friend me if you'd like.
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tmat thank you so much! I honestly am that kind of person. I have always been honest but positive. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, but this last year I let my emotions get messed up and I started hiding out with food again like I used to but I am already starting to FEEL better. I'm going to keep working on it. Like honestly I just feel like I'm being lifted up from this cloud of negativity I'd let myself fall back into. Every night I thank God for my day and my beautiful life. I'm going to add you! Thanks.