Hair Sweat Advice

Options
Ok so I sweat when I work out. A lot. I also have curly/dry hair so washing it every day is bad for it as well as takes too much time in the morning to do anything with it. So I usually only wash it a few times a week which has helped the hair a lot with one exception--gym time. It soaks up the sweat and is not that bad except on the front part of the crown. Any advice on how to deal without washing it every day? Thanks.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo needs to become your new best friend.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo needs to become your new best friend.

this
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. Suave has a good one that's not too expensive. I just saw in the mall victorias secret has one too that I kinda want to to try
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try a little bit of baby powder. Cheaper than dry shampoo, and in my opinion, soaks up the moisture much more efficiently. I just put a small amount on each hand, and run it through my hair, brushing it out a couple minutes later. Works for greasy hair too.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo, headbands, wearing your hair back, etc. Not many options here, it is very annoying! Dry shampoo is the best, though.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've tried several brands (cheap and expensive) of dry shampoo, and my favorite is Dove (5 bucks at walgreens). I use it every other day and always keep a bottle in my desk at work.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    For those of you advocating baby powder - I find it looks weird in my hair even if I brush it thoroughly (maybe its a color thing). What's your experience?
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes.. dry shampoo.. you need it in your life :)
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    For those of you advocating baby powder - I find it looks weird in my hair even if I brush it thoroughly (maybe its a color thing). What's your experience?

baby powder does not work for me.. I have black hair, and it puts a strange grey hint to my hair. I actually get dry shampoo specifically for dark hair at my Cosmoprof store.
  • aften_g
    aften_g Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really like the Tresseme one as well.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations for a good dry shampoo for dark hair? I've been looking to try a new brand.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just rinse it with water on my non-shampoo days. Can't stand the thought of sweaty hair!