June 2 MFP Runner's Club

Options
2»

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hey Kechie! NO WAY...thanks for the advice but surgery is not my thing. I had to have my tonsils out over Thanksgiving and ended up hemorrhaging and having to go in to the hospital for a couple of days....for a tonsilectomy!!! :noway: Elective surgeries just aren't my cup of tea. I think I will stick with the drugs for now.

PAM--You made me laugh with the babe comment. I'm definitely a buckeye, babe is only my sex at this point. HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

I got in 5.5 miles today so that made me happy! I think I am going to shoot for a 10K tomorrow. It's the last day my kids are in school. The only problem I only have from 8:45 -10:45 AM to get it done and get showered! I have to be at the school for the end of year parties. I will do my best!!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Some days sure are harder than others!! I put in my 4 miles on the treadmill, but it was a struggle. Glad I made myself do it, though. I always feel better when I accomplish this goal!!

sheryl

26853.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I had one of those days. I had my gym clothes on at 8:00, then shoes on around 12:15. I think I finally got on the treadmill around 1:10 - then had to walk for 10 min. THEN... I was able to run 6.5 MILES!!!!!!!! That the farthest I think I've ever run! I'm sure my knees will feel it tomorrow, but who knows. A few more like that and I may have to rethink the 1/2 marathon here in Sept. I'm going to go look up training on Hal Higdon's site now :bigsmile:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    PAM--You made me laugh with the babe comment. I'm definitely a buckeye, babe is only my sex at this point. HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

I got in 5.5 miles today so that made me happy! I think I am going to shoot for a 10K tomorrow. It's the last day my kids are in school. The only problem I only have from 8:45 -10:45 AM to get it done and get showered! I have to be at the school for the end of year parties. I will do my best!!

Good. Laughter is always welcomed.....
    So just a question....when do you plan to run when your kiddos are home? My daughter's last day is next Thursday. I ran last summer during my baby's nap, but I can't remember what my older daughter did.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I get home I plan on trying to hop on the treadmill to run 1.5 miles and then walk 3.5. On Friday night I did 1.25 miles running and 2.75 walking and I am slowly trying to work my way up. I will get there eventually right? That is what I keep telling myself anyway. :ohwell:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Ok this is my new re logging. I was stuck at work ALL weekend and am finally logging normally again with my fellow club members. Today was what I call an "endurance run" I did 15 minutes of running stadium stairs(at a small field but still huge steps, ala rocky) I then went to the fiels for about 15 minutes of suicides(that annoying running back and forth) and followed with a quick lap around the soccer field. I couldnt take the heat for one minute longer. I have NO idea how hot it is here but my guess is at least 80, so thats why I called it an "endurance run" tommorow I am gonna wake before work and run, and that way it wont be blazing, and I will get it in!!!
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    Hope your daughter is feeling better. I know it is always a bad day when the kids areb't feeling well-I always say off with the exercise shoes and on with the mommy shoes for a few days! Hope your back in your running shoes soon and her in her school shoes!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on their advice, helpfulness and suggestions about running my first 5K.

Well I did it! I couldn't have done it without my husband at my side! It was nice to do something together since we always seem to be doing something for our 4 children. I ran the 5K, stopping just 2-3 times for a 10 second walk in the first leg of the race. Alot of hills!!! It was in the countryside, but such a beautiful run. I finished just under 32 minutes and came in 72nd out of 120. I just had a few goals. I didn't want to finish last and I wanted to finish under 45 min-so I met those goals: . I am going to run another race soon with my husband. He was such a great coach! He could have finished under 23 minutes, but he waited with me, Thanks again, Have a great day!

Melissa
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Melissa I thought about you all Saturday morning! I am so glad you enjoyed it and that it was a great experience for you. Kudos to you for doing it!!! Good Job!!:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on their advice, helpfulness and suggestions about running my first 5K.

Well I did it! I couldn't have done it without my husband at my side! It was nice to do something together since we always seem to be doing something for our 4 children. I ran the 5K, stopping just 2-3 times for a 10 second walk in the first leg of the race. Alot of hills!!! It was in the countryside, but such a beautiful run. I finished just under 32 minutes and came in 72nd out of 120. I just had a few goals. I didn't want to finish last and I wanted to finish under 45 min-so I met those goals: . I am going to run another race soon with my husband. He was such a great coach! He could have finished under 23 minutes, but he waited with me, Thanks again, Have a great day!

Melissa

Good job Melissa! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Melissa,

WTG!!! That's a good time for your first race!!! :smooched:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nice job Melissa! I remember how excited I was the first time I did an organized race. It made me feel so good about myself. I too had a goal not to finish last! That's what I love about those races is that everyone has their own goals, and everyone can accomplish something great at the same time.

A few years back my daughter convinced me that I should try walking a marathon with her. I really didn't think I could do it, but we did it. I'll never forget how it felt to be going along the streets with people all along the sidelines cheering for me. For some reason several people were holding up signs that said "You are an athlete." I'd never felt like I was an athlete before, but then I suddenly thought, hey, if you're doing a marathon, you really are an athlete!

Today I'm going to the gym to do 5 miles on the elliptical. Then if I have time I'll take my doggie for a walk. I'm proud of everybody in this group who is setting goals and working towards them. We're all athletes!! (he-he):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Ran about 3.5 miles tonight, but it was UGLY!!!

Was sucking wind about 1/2 mile into it
    Had to walk part of it :explode:
    Kept getting side stitches
    And forgot to wash my eye make up before I left. Was 89 degrees & I looked like Alice Cooper by the time I got home. :ohwell:

gggrrrrrrr......:grumble:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options

I am having a hard time getting motivated to run this morning due to my allergies. Anyone else have horrible allergies that makes you tired, eyes itch and unable to breathe?! FUN TIMES!!!

I HEAR YA!! I have been fighting allergies for 3 weeks and I have been unable to run. I can not believe how much it has affected me. I did a 4 mile run on Saturday which went fairly well....hopefully we are kicking out of the season here in SD. UGH! Taking 3 weeks off is going to take me some time to build back up!!

Happy Running!

Ali
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    ended up with 4.6 miles today!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options

And forgot to wash my eye make up before I left. Was 89 degrees & I looked like Alice Cooper by the time I got home. :ohwell:
    LOL, that was such a vivid picture. You are too funny! :laugh: