please help...why can't i get back on the wagon?

Options
I have decided to put it out there so here goes. I started this journey officially at 207lbs now I am down to about 162 down 45lbs...yay..kinda.
I am finally in the last stretch of loosing and in 15lbs I will be down to "goal". This is the problem...I WANNA QUIT. I have quit. Not sure what happened about 2 days ago I feel like I lost my way. I have a hard time getting the workouts I need in since my dh is working late and long hours from 3:30a.m to 8p.m. He is in the NAVY and so our toddler is always with me. I love that but it is hard to find time to go work out. I do take her with me and walk/hike but still hard. I have fallen off the wagon and have not been on program for 2days.
I feel sooooo discouraged and cannot seem to find my way. I have tried to tell myself "this is for me, I am worth it, I can do it"..all those thing and still I feel so stuck. Part of the issue is being so close to my goal it seems like my body is fighting with me and not giving up the lbs like it use to. Please, I need a dose of reality. Thank you so much for reading my rant...I appreciate it.

Replies

• ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    I have little ones too. I do daycare during the day so I know how exhausting it can be. I make sure and put all of my kids to bed by 8:30 at night, that way I can begin exercising at 8:45. I am in week 6 of p90x. Maybe if you could find a video(s) that you like you could exercise at night when your little one goes to bed, or in the morning before s/he is awake. I know it seems impossible but you CAN DO IT!!! Try and remember how far you have come, think of all the hard work you have already put in. You can do it you can lose this last bit of weight. Do it for you and your kiddo, so s/he can have the best possible mommy! I am proud of you.....refocus, you can do it!!!
  • jaylin6
    jaylin6 Posts: 4
    Options
    Did you ask yourself why you want to get down to 150lb? Is it worth it to you to go the extra mile? Have you tried thinking of it in the AA format, one day at a time. Just for today I will ... Don't be hard on yourself, you have done a lot of work to get to where you are. I started my journey 2 weeks ago and have only lost 4 pounds. Just before I started I weighed 210, as of this morning I weigh 205. I feel like I want it to come off today and be where you are. Rejoice in the accopmlishment! Have you stopped entering your food and exercise? Just for today, record your calories and take a walk in the neighborhood - and reflect back when you started and how much better you look and feel. I'm proud of you - now get going!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    REALLY!?!?!?!? WHAT?!?!?! You wanna quit with only 15 pounds to go? Don't you DARE! If you can't find it in yourself to do it for you (which you should because you are a beautiful strong woman and you deserve it!!), then at least do it for your in shape husband and for your baby. (by the way, please thank your husband for me for serving our country) Now look, I don't know you from Adam but get out of your pitty party, do not quit, pull your head out and get moving! The weather is beautiful out there, get out there and exercise, eat right, breath the good clean fresh air, and enjoy life, feel great. Allow yourself to be a winner. Put yourself first in the world of health. Think back to when you weighed 207 pounds. That didn't feel good, right? You don't want to ever go there again, right? You know what you have to do. Stop hitting the delay button. You have to figure out why you aren't allowing yourself success. I can't do that for you because I don't know you. But if I did know you, I would slap you over the head and knock you out of that pitty party you are having, then I would give you a big hug and say let's go work out! And PS.....it's almost shorts weather. 15 pounds could make a big difference! GO FOR IT!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    You want motivation and reason to keep going? Go into you childs room, and look at that precious child. Now, ask yourself this question: How will your child's life be better with a healthy and fit you?

Would you offer your life for your child? Would you walk through fire for your child? Why won't you lose the last 15 lbs for your child?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Are you bored with your food choices? Excercise choices? Maybe you need to change things up and do something new. This isn't a diet. Its a life style change. You can't ever just stop doing this. Even when you get to your goal weight, you have to mantain and always keep your eye on things.
    Have you allowed yourself a break or a be bad day? Maybe you could just maintain what you lost for a bit until your ready to try again?
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of posts already so I hope you have time to read this. First off, the lower your body fat the harder it is to lose weight, so I am sure it is harder to lose those remaining pounds. So be honest with yourself, give yourself a smaller goal of a half pound every week. Be honest with your diet, though its hard, it is really the only way to make it work.

So, working out etc. Well if your diet is right, you dont need to work out to lose weight, it just helps. But try things at home. Stretching, push-ups, sit-ups, running in place, lunges, air squats... all great things to do at home. Also as you said, you can take your toddler for walks/runs.

So her comes the bully coach in me that the girls I coach hate haha. How dare you even think of quitting. In fact you should go take a lap right now and end it with 20 pushups for even having a ridiculous thought in your head. Don't give up on yourself! Not only that, dont give up on your child! The better health you are the longer you get to spend time with your loved ones! Wake up tomorrow and knock out some cardio and eat well!

Good luck :)
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat... with just a little bit to go I find my discipline/drive gone! I have decided that I cannot think about last week or even yesterday, but get up every morning and do my very best to say with in my calories and get in some excercise. Everyday will not pe perfect (I have three little kids and they have a way of ruining my workouts), and it may come off slower, but dwelling on the failures of yesterday gives me excuses for today. WE CAN DO IT!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have decided to put it out there so here goes. I started this journey officially at 207lbs now I am down to about 162 down 45lbs...yay..kinda.
    I am finally in the last stretch of loosing and in 15lbs I will be down to "goal". This is the problem...I WANNA QUIT. I have quit. Not sure what happened about 2 days ago I feel like I lost my way. I have a hard time getting the workouts I need in since my dh is working late and long hours from 3:30a.m to 8p.m. He is in the NAVY and so our toddler is always with me. I love that but it is hard to find time to go work out. I do take her with me and walk/hike but still hard. I have fallen off the wagon and have not been on program for 2days.
    I feel sooooo discouraged and cannot seem to find my way. I have tried to tell myself "this is for me, I am worth it, I can do it"..all those thing and still I feel so stuck. Part of the issue is being so close to my goal it seems like my body is fighting with me and not giving up the lbs like it use to. Please, I need a dose of reality. Thank you so much for reading my rant...I appreciate it.

Jeannine-- your reality is in your signature line-- you quote it yourself-- "There is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure."

Two days is nothing-- shake it off. Last push towards goal, for whatever reason, is the hardest-- do not grow weary in well doing-- you've done so great. Come so far.

However, it is not time for ease and comfort-- it is time to dare and endure. You're not at goal yet.

Raising a 2yo solo right now can't be easy-- but, I'm raising 9 children-- yepper-- 9. If I can persevere, you can persevere.

Do not give up. :heart:
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh man, i know how you feel! I feel like quitting just about every day but I drag on and keep at it because I know once I get back to where I want to be I will be a much happier person! Some days I cheat but we all need to indulge once in awhile, right?

Best of luck to you all!
  • Coppersky55
    Options
    You have done so much and all you have already done is inspiring. When I started this my brother would shed weight like he was taking 5 lbs every few days. My weight has been a slower progression, Only 15 pounds in 90 days, and it was frustrating but today I dropped another two pounds since the last weigh in and it is so worth it. I continue to feel lighter, healthier and have more energy. I don't have kids but a demanding job and what I have found helpful in the last month is to use a bike trainer in the house. I set it up in front of the tv and then I get up at 4 or 5 in the morning and even if I am not riding hard, that constant movement seems to do wonders. I had been tired of the elliptical and walking so this has been a boost. I also take a few minutes when I am at work to do leg lifts next to my chair or pushups. Do 10 pushups 10 times a day and you did 100 pushups. Stick with it girl, and if you need to recharge, just start with 15 minutes and pretty soon that 15 minutes turns into wanting to do more.
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Think of it this way... you arent going to be happy until you reach a goal that makes you happy. Whether that be 160 lbs. or 110 lbs. It doesnt matter what it is, keep going til you get there cuz when you do it will feel soooo much better than thinking everyday that you're a failure and that you'll get back on track tomorrow. Everyday you wait to "get back on track" is another day you could've lost another pound and been another pound closer to your goal. I always think to myself to keep me going "if i had done this a month ago, i'd already be at my goal". That really pushes me to stay on track so that in another month, i can say i reached my goal or lost what i lost because i kept pushing myself and i wont have to think another day "if only i had started this a month ago...". Just think of how great you'll look and feel a few months from now (in bikini season, another motivator) if you just keep going and dont wait another day to start. START A.S.A.P.!!!!!!!!!! And good luck!
  • melodygolobic
    Options
    It's really interesting that no one has brought up your self esteem being the problem. You have accomplished so much, and are so close to where you want to be, but somehow it feels like you can't make it the rest of the way. It sounds like you are scared to "finish" because what if that goal isn't everything you have imagined it would be? you have put in a lot of energy in working on your body, where does that energy and focus get redirected once you accomplish your goal? You need to realize that there is nothing wrong in greatness, that you are incredibly strong and focused, and losing those last 15 lbs only celebrates your greatness. lose the weight for no one but you, so you can bask in the light of your accomplishment and how you were able to set your mind to something and see it through wholeheartedly. when you think of your child and who you want to be for her, think about this quote from nelson mandela.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others
  • lorivent1
    lorivent1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Keep it up! You are an inspiration for us who still have quit of bit of weight to go! Watching people reach their goal keeps me motivated. Just think how exciting it will be to lose that last 15 pounds and get a size smaller pair of jeans! Go get it girl!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Take a few days off if you need it. However, you should still log your food and exercise every day. You should also keep watching the scale. If you find you're gaining, make adjustments. I also believe you need to maybe change up some of your food. I get bored easily so I rarely eat the same things every day. I took a few days off at Spring break. I put on 3 pounds but after a week of doing MFP again, it was off. I did finally reach my goal this morning after years of struggling and yo-yo dieting.
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone. Please let me start by saying THANK YOU so so so much for being so super supportive. I did not expect such an awesome response though it truly was what I needed to come back to reality. I am so grateful for your messages, opinions, well wishes and positive replies. You will never know how much of a blessing you have been in my life. I am sure that without your messages I would have made a mountain from a mole hill......with huge regrets weeks from now. I started off with such a lack of motivation truly ready to throw in the towel but you have helped me get a "Reality" check.
    So this is the plan...I decided to jump in there and keep fighting...like some of you said there is nothing wrong with being off program for 2 days, I do put way too much pressure to "do it right" on myself. Why? it is truly unhealthy and a thought process that needs to stop. I waited until the end of the day to post to be sure today was affected by what you had to say...AND YOU HAD SUCH AN IMPACT.
    The plan is to do the best I can to stay on program and stick with it no matter if I get a .5lb off that week or a 0. It makes total sense that at the ending of the weight loss my body will understandably slow down...true but I don't understand why I didn't get that. So on the 17th, I will start a boot camp to jolt my body into gear. Like many of you said "this is a need" a must to stay and be healthy for my worth it self and family. I cannot look back nor would I ever want to. THANK YOU!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN SUCH A BLESSING:flowerforyou: