Suggestions on Best way to loose the under arm fat

Options
Hi, So you know that fat under your arms (women I am mostly speaking to you) that kind of waves with your arm? lol.. Any suggestions on how to target that area? Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Table pushaways and fork set downs.

You can't spot reduce fat. Exercise and eat at a calorie deficit and eventually you will lose fat.
  • Beyond_Value
    Beyond_Value Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can use weights and do arm exercise.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tricep extensions. I use 5-8lb weights and sometimes I use resistance bands. I have also been working out to Zumba and there are a lot of arm movements that help tighten the arms as well.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce fat. Exercise and eat at a calorie deficit and eventually you will lose fat.

Haha, This!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Diet reduces the fat. Toning tightens the muscle under the fat, which will show when the weight falls off. I'm using Pilates to tone. (Pop Pilates for Beginners on youtube.)
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    SideSteel is correct...you cant spot reduce but, you can build the muscle in that area to help. Fat will go away with diet...building the muscles will help tighten and tone which, in turn, will help with the "extra waving."

Tricep Kick-backs have done WONDERS for me. Do a search for Tricep exercises and try a few...that will help.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

^^QFT!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

This...but you can tone things up with resistance training.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do you mean lose and not loose? :)
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    tricep dips
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Just cut the arm off.:laugh:

You can't spot reduce
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brandie_lou
    Options

Nothing like the grammar police to add such interesting insight to a conversation.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you want to make under arm fat more loose then stretch your skin.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have no idea of the age of the OP but underarm skin can be tough to get rid of later in life. You can lose the fat and still have loose skin for quite a while and perhaps never get rid of it. If you are young then yes, you stand a good chance that as the fat receded your skin will tighten up with lots of toning and exercise. I am having some success but my doc says it won't ever be quite taut again, lol, unless I had some surgery later and no thanks, I will take my aging gracefully. :smooched:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

I totally just looked these up! LOL
  • carenjd
    carenjd Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LOL! I believe so my dear .
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As others have said - you just need to lose fat overall. That can be a very stubborn area, so just be patient.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    what about very tight sleeves
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Tricep kickbacks. Lots of them. Tiny motion. Till it hurts. Daily.