cashews good or bad?

Options
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any input on Cashews? I don't like almonds and I look to cashews when I need a quick meal replacement or snack that may be high in calories but has no sodium.

Just wanted to get some of your input on what you might think about incorporating cashews in your diet?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    good in moderation, i love them, and do eat too many!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Addictive! My advice: take a handful and leave it at that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    10 cashews = good
    110 cashews = bad

Moderation is the key.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    There are better nuts for you to overindulge with that have fewer calories and a higher ratio of protein.
  • TooBIGdotNet
    TooBIGdotNet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What are some of the reasons you're saying bad? Just curious. Is it the high in Fat?

I'm looking at it being no sugar and no sodium. I can eat a bag about 26g (3 servings) to help with not turning to other foods throughout the day? Not every day but some days I'll treat myself.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    There are better nuts for you to overindulge with that have fewer calories and a higher ratio of protein.

Mmmmmmmm... Nuts.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If they fit your goals then eat them and enjoy them. I've been eating them a lot lately. I do measure them carefully though since they are calorie dense.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    well, you could choke on them. i say bad.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    10 cashews = good
    110 cashews = bad

Moderation is the key.

110 cashews *very* good.... :-)
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all with moderation. They are good mostly because they are high in protein and keep you full.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Cashew are actually lower in calories then almonds. Almonds have more protein and more fiber. If cahews fit your taste better then almond i say eat up!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    10-12 cashews not bad, a half a bag bad. :happy:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Here is a tip on How Do You Lose Weight. I think cashews are delicious and I like to eat them. So there was a tip on How Do You Lose Weight.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Very good. Mmmm.
  • audart
    audart Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cashews but as everyone says you must eat in moderation. Almonds are better from the stand point of being able to eat more, I believe.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    10 cashews = good
    110 cashews = bad

Moderation is the key.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cashews are delicious! Eat them in moderation and enjoy!
  • ChrisRoss_01
    Options
    Almonds and macadamias are probably the most healthful, but since you don't like almonds, there's nothing wrong with a quarter cup of cashews now and then. As others have said, moderation is the key.
  • mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • TooBIGdotNet
    TooBIGdotNet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the community here. You guys are quick...lol Glad to be a part of MFP and working to reach my goals. I wish you all the success with yours as well.