fast food restaraunts

Options
Wondered if anyone knows a free app that shows the calories for various fast food places or restaraunts. I d like to know what I am eating before I drive out to pick up lunch here at work. Thanks

Replies

• rmkidder
    Options
    I am new to MFP and am thrilled. So easy to keep on top of my activity, food and weight. Would love to loose 35 more pounds but currently happy with the 12 I lost this month. It helps that I have a gym buddy to talk to making the time fly by.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I tend to try and look it up through MFP before I order and then get something that seems healthier - like a grilled chicken sandwich, or something like that.

Another great way - just don't eat fast food. :)
  • brengearhart
    brengearhart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I try to look online before I go or use my phone to google on the way/before ordering.

I have Fast Food Nutrition but rarely use it. It's not user friendly and some of the calories are way off. Some are easy to figure out as they made a typo (9 instead of 0). It does let you "build a meal" but it's easier for me just to google on my phone.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Use MFP's database. Click on the item and hit nutritional info. It shows you everything like a food label.

Best advice, don't do fast food. prepare as much of your food yourself and you will be more successful. Why torture yourself with salads when you can have so much more by preparing it yourself?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't go to fast food places, but most chain restaurants and coffee shops have their nutritional info online, so just check their website.
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A lot of places have the nutrition information posted on the wall. I have been known to stand by that poster and decide what to order before I get in line. I have had some rude remarks yelled at me, but I have made wise choices at fast food and lost weight.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I made a spreadsheet for my fiancee and myself to keep in our cars, as with our work, there are plenty of times we kinda get out and about unexpectedly (both our jobs are bad that way), and in the event we need a quick meal along the way, I did it on an excel (used the above site, I believe....at least went to each chain's specific site to see what they had listed) and have a separate tab for each different chain. Its a nice little quick reference to have with when you know you may have to hit the fast food, or even if you just get the craving, its nice to have it nearby as it kinda helps you keep mentally disciplined when you go there.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    just check on here.
    thats the primary purpose of the website....
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat there anymore, but McDonald's now has their calorie counts listed beside their food on the menu board. Its hard to order anything when it is staring you in the face the damage you are doing.

I do Subway mostly. I always order off the 6 gram or less menu and load up with vegetables.

Otherwise, I just search through MFPs database and find something that fits my calories whereever it is that I am wanting to go.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    just go straight to their respective websites.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Well, anyway, if you are like me and you are better with something actually being on paper....... I hate using the phone, I'm old that way I guess..... let me know and I'll figure out a way to send the spreadsheet to you to print out. I can't figure out how to add the link to the spreadsheet here, or I'd have done it for you already.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There is a couple of apps out there. I had one but never used it so I deleted it. I just use the database here on the site.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find healthy fast food items.

Can you pack a lunch for work?
  • rmkidder
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the information. I know that I can do better than fast food on my own. But there are those days that something goes haywire. I really appreciate your responses.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Use the database on here... I would just cross check some of the items with the restaurants websites. Some of the facts have changed over the years (ex: my favorite fast food restaurant eliminated trans fats so some older entries on MFP still have trans fats in the nutritional information)
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the information. I know that I can do better than fast food on my own. But there are those days that something goes haywire. I really appreciate your responses.
    I don't eat fast food often but I have tried to find something at the places I do go & just stick with it. Burger King has an awesome grilled chicken salad with apples & cranberries and Mc Donalds has a Soutwestern salad that is good. I am sure there are also some sandwiches etc. that are good & can fit your health plan. It just helps to know so if you wind up at one for whatever reason there is a healthy choice. Best wishes on your joining us on MFP, hope you have great success.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    mcdonald's has it's own calorie app
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I use one called "Restaurant Nutrition" . It works pretty good.

I've noticed MFP usually has the info for most, as well.