Tough times getting me down...motivation needed!

Options
The last month has been pretty hard on me financially which seems to be effecting every other aspect of my life. I was trying to immerse myself in exercise and was pretty successful for the first couple weeks of December but then it all just became too much. I know deep down that I am just making excuses and I am the only one that kick myself in the *kitten* but I just can't seem to find that motivation that was once pushing me harder than I have ever pushed myself before! I have still been eating pretty good but not tracking.

One thing I know about myself is that I have to be accountable to someone when it comes to exercise. I go to boot camp three days a week because if I don't I WILL get called out and I enjoy this great group of supportive people. On my off days I run in the mornings with my running group and at lunch by myself. Not having gas money to go to boot camp or meet my running group has been detrimental to my motivation. I wish that being accountable to myself was enough to push me. Why isn't it? SO frustrating!

-So my plan of attack is to use the next three days to come up with some goals and write them down (something I have never done).
-Try to find someone from my boot camp that can give me a ride, hopefully!
-See about joining a more local running group for the time being.
-Keep reminding myself how far I have come and how far I still have to go. This will NOT be the turning point where I give up and watch the scale creap back up like it has so many times before because this time IS different. I will succeed. We all have our rough patches, right?

Thanks for listening (reading)! I would appreciate any words of encouragement and maybe some ideas on staying motivated.

Replies

• madonifer
    madonifer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Problems are not stop signs , they are guidelines.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.