Retraining your brain....Re: Portions.

Options
I learned a good lesson tonight! When dinner came around I was STARVING. I decided to go over my calories a little and double my rice portion. Now? I'm stuffed. I didn't need it! Just because I have big hunger does not mean I need a BIG portion to satisify it.

Seems kind of simple, but it was a big deal in my world! LOL

Side note: I really need to buy some smaller bowls. I only have huge cereal bowls.

Replies

• perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    that's a good lesson! I'm a big fan of smaller dishes and silverware. I use a really small spoon (almost like a little kid spoon) and my husband makes fun of me all the time, but it forces me to eat slower and then I end up getting filled up with less food. We also bought slightly smaller plates about a year ago and I definitely think that makes a difference.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've over-stuffed myself when I was extra hungry and wound up feeling the same way! Ouch! Hope that discomfort goes away soon.

Good idea about the smaller dishes. I actually bought sectioned plates for help with my portions. They're hard to find reusable, but I found them at WalMart really cheap. Can't put them in the dishwasher though. Anyway, I use the small sections for protein and starch and the large section for veggies. I think it's about time I get them out again for a bit of retraining.
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    That's awesome!! Totally works! Eat until you're not hungry...not until you're full. ;) Great job!!