Question regarding the Withings WS30 scale...

Options
So.. We got one for Christmas and I've got it paired to the iPhone via bluetooth without issue and it supposedly setup the WIFI but I can't get any readings online -- I'm assuming they should show up on my Withings.com account or available from within their iphone app but no go so far.. I did get their app to indicate that I had a reading a few minutes ago but I see nothing on my Bodymedia portal page nor the equivalent Withings.com page -- but the withings page does indicate a successful read was done along with various other stats on my installed scale... How long does it take to go through the electronic/internet plumbing?

Also -- I'm not even sure I'm using it correctly as the included fold out booklet only covers basic installation -- Some percentage of the time I use the scale I get arrows on each side of the display pointing at the reading -- the other half of the time I get a "X" next to a body in the top right corner of the display without the arrows.. Which is the one I get a good reading from?

Also -- it claims I can switch between KG and lb's but no where did I find it mentioned on how to do that.. Doh! They need a decent manual on using this thing.. Can someone fill me in on the missing details?

Replies

• rick4419
    Options
    ok.. Figured out part of the withings site issues -- apparently my initial guess weight was a bit off and the withings site/app did not know who the weigh-in belonged to so it was unassigned.. Once I assigned it to me then it shows up on their dashboard -- however it still does not show up in the bodymedia site...
  • rick4419
    Options
    Ok.. Learned a bit more about this scale since my last posting.. Just in case someone else uses it -- IF you see a head in the upper right corner of the screen after doing a weigh-in (but before getting off the scale) followed by a large "X", that means it doesn't know who is weighing in and it's unassigned to a scale 'user'.

I've also found that if you get it putting arrows in one or more corners of the scale display that's an indication that you are not centered properly on the scale and you should shift your foot placement a bit to accommodate what it's after..
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Here is is three years later and I'm replying. I just set up my WS30....same thing....it initially wouldn't set up with wifi, but finally over bluetooth it set up, then it worked with WiFi after that. I too, did a big miscalculation initial weight guess and it didn't know where to attribute the weigh-in once I finally stepped on it. But got that squared away.

For three days now I jump on and a few minutes later is posts to my MyFitnessPal newsfeed, just what I was hoping to do.

How is yours going?