HARDEST FOOD TO GIVE UP DURING WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

Options
The hardest thing that I am learning to give up is brownies.... those are my heart...with a scoop of ice cream

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have to give up anything. All things in moderation. I couldn't go the rest of my life without ice cream. So I just don't eat half a gallon. One scoop and I'm done.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Boxes and boxes of girl scout cookies! I have 2 girl scouts at my house so this year is going to be a pretty tough one! I will still have some cookies but sitting down and eating an entire box.... memories.... so glad I won't be making more of those ones!
  • tubaman58
    Options
    You shouldn't have to give up anything. All things in moderation. I couldn't go the rest of my life without ice cream. So I just don't eat half a gallon. One scoop and I'm done.
    Amen
    :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

the wise words of Corn...

and

Don't stop believin'....
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I agree with the lady above me. You don't have to "give up" anything. I have lost 137 lbs this way but it is slow and steady - 8 years of my life I have been living this way, and that is the KEY - it is your life!! Don't give up things you love or ultimately you won't enjoy your life!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't really food, it's Mountain Dew! Every once in awhile I just REALLY crave one!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow...
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Mine is french vanilla coffee creamer with my coffee. But...after trying to eliminate it and realizing that the rest of my food is fairly clean, I decided to just limit the amount I use instead of eliminating it completely. If it's something you really enjoy don't deprive yourself just learn to eat it in moderation.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options

This. If I were to put anything off limits, I'd be more likely to binge. I allow anything, but I account for everything. And have learned moderation is key.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The only thing I gave up for weight loss was large portions of desserts/snacks. I still eat snacks 2-3 times a day.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I gave up noting.
    All foods are permitted so long as they fit in my daily calorie limit and macros.
    I had to moderate certain fast food items, and over time just lost a taste for that stuff.
    Having a weekly free day helped keep me sane.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

the wise words of Corn...

and

Don't stop believin'....

Are you holding on to that feelin?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. :huh:
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    fried julienned potato , hot steamed fluffy rice with real butter , add salt to taste..............................................:brokenheart: :sad: :embarassed:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So don't give them up. Have them once or twice a week. Budget them into your calories. Use them as something to look forward to.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with everything in moderation philosophy for everyone. Some can do it; some find some foods triggering. If you can do things in moderation, do it. If not, don't. For me, I miss ice cream. I mean, I miss eating it whenever I want in whatever quantity I want. I miss the feeling of eating it out of a pint in front of the TV. I give up sugar for months at a time to sort of detox (and also for Lent) but do enjoy it occasionally the rest of the year. But keep in mind everyone, that different people have different issues with food and you don't know their background. Sometimes people do have to give something up, even on doctor's orders.

For me, I'm more likely to binge later if I eat sugar at all. I've been working on mindful eating but it's easier just not to eat it at all.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Kettle Cooked Potato Chips... replaced with Special K Sea Salt cracker/chips.
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No, I have to give it up until I am ready to just eat portions... I am so in love with brownies I could eat the whole thing for dinner with a cup of milk or ice cream and its bedtime for me
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing that I am learning to give up is brownies.... those are my heart...with a scoop of ice cream

Have you tried the new Fibre 1 brownies?? 100 calories of as-close-to-gooey-yummy-wicked-brownies-as-you-can-get!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

While I agree with the "everything in moderation" sometimes you really do have to give up certain foods. For me I can not have potato chips in the house because I would sit down and eat the entire bag so unfortunately I have given those up and only eat them if I'm at a party.