HARDEST FOOD TO GIVE UP DURING WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pepsi and pasta!!! i know, i know.. "everything in moderation" but those two i cant.. ill eat 3 servings of pasta.. its a problem.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up.. but I guess I'm stingy like that. Actually I had brownie and ice cream a few days ago!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with everything in moderation philosophy for everyone. Some can do it; some find some foods triggering. If you can do things in moderation, do it. If not, don't. For me, I miss ice cream. I mean, I miss eating it whenever I want in whatever quantity I want. I miss the feeling of eating it out of a pint in front of the TV. I give up sugar for months at a time to sort of detox (and also for Lent) but do enjoy it occasionally the rest of the year. But keep in mind everyone, that different people have different issues with food and you don't know their background. Sometimes people do have to give something up, even on doctor's orders.

And I thought I was a Debbie Downer. I revoke my crown.
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try the fiber one brownies! Pretty good and only 90 calories....
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    The hardest thing I had to give up.... besides sugar in general..... were french fries!! ahh!!

So let me introduce you to some amazing items I've discovered.

Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownie Bars.

Weight Watchers 90 Calorie Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches.

Smart Ones desserts (sooo many, less than 200 calories)

100 Calorie popcorn bags (I don't know about you.. but I love me some popcorn)

Of course not every day. Of course only when you feel you have enough will power to stop at just 1. And incorporate it into your allowed calories that day. (I never go over my calories) Took me awhile to be able to do that so I stayed away from sugar like that until just this month. Now I can have one every once in a great while and not feel bad and still lose weight.

I ALSO LOVE Atkins protein shakes. Only 0 or 1 g of sugar depending on the one you choose. My favorite is Dark Chocolate Royal. Packed full of protein and an awesome snack. Those you can have every single day and not be punished over it. ;-)

My body doesn't react well to sugar so I have to be supppperrrrrr careful and moderate my sugar intake.

But check out those options! It's better to have a little and stay motivated than have none and fall off the bandwagon. Good luck!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with everything in moderation philosophy for everyone. Some can do it; some find some foods triggering. If you can do things in moderation, do it. If not, don't. For me, I miss ice cream. I mean, I miss eating it whenever I want in whatever quantity I want. I miss the feeling of eating it out of a pint in front of the TV. I give up sugar for months at a time to sort of detox (and also for Lent) but do enjoy it occasionally the rest of the year. But keep in mind everyone, that different people have different issues with food and you don't know their background. Sometimes people do have to give something up, even on doctor's orders.

For me, I'm more likely to binge later if I eat sugar at all. I've been working on mindful eating but it's easier just not to eat it at all.

Why not condition yourself to have the wherewithall to know when to stop? Why not exercise self-control?
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try the fiber one brownies! Pretty good and only 90 calories....

those are so amazing!! :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I don't give up anything. I eat whatever I want in moderation and make sure it fits into my daily goals.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Haven't given up anything. If it fits into my macros I eat or drink it.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options

^ I agree Some foods are just too triggering for me. So, to combat my lack of willpower, I do indulge in low-fat, lo-calorie versions of what I love. Face it: baked Lay's chips are not the same as their fat-laden& yummy cousins, but they satisfy my cravings.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree with the lady above me. You don't have to "give up" anything. I have lost 137 lbs this way but it is slow and steady - 8 years of my life I have been living this way, and that is the KEY - it is your life!! Don't give up things you love or ultimately you won't enjoy your life!

This! Actually I found at my worst I was having takeaways a couple of times a week ... Then going 100% freelance really was a massive financial adjustment to make and the first thing to be cut back as a treat only when I could afford it were t/aways!
    So now when I treat myself, it really is a massive treat that I appreciate all the more, both financially and calorifically!!!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. But I haven't... I eat a chocolate fiber bar every day to avoid looking for chocolate in the house.

First post EVER! :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    You should be able to eat foodz "Any way you want it"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

For me, I'm more likely to binge later if I eat sugar at all. I've been working on mindful eating but it's easier just not to eat it at all.

Is it possible that the binge reaction is actually caused by the all-or-nothing philosophy you employ, and not the other way around?

I personally get insane binge-y sugar cravings if I cut my carbs too low- there's what I consider a carb death-valley between ketosis and about 120 g (for me personally) total carbs, where I find myself fantasizing about pancakes and having dirty dreams about bakeries. If I get out of the danger-zone, I'm fine, and no longer likely to cut a bisch for a waffle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't make anything off limits. If I want something, I just make sure it fits in my calorie goal and macros. I do make better routine and daily decisions, but nothing is off limits. I know it gets over-used, but for me this is more about having a sustainable lifestyle that is, for the most part, nutritious and fitness oriented. Giving up cakes or cookies, etc isn't sustainable in my estimation. Just make better day to day decisions and treat yourself now and then...fit it in your diary and macros, and be a happy camper. Your diet shouldn't be miserable...if it is, it's a pretty good indicator that it is not sustainable and you will most likely "fall off the wagon" and pack the pounds back on later.

I've personally found that when I've done food restrictive dieting, I've always failed and always binged more. I've been doing a food diary since the middle of October and just watching my calories and macros and I haven't had a single binge day, nor have I been tempted to do so. I also eat 5 times per day.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't really food, it's Mountain Dew! Every once in awhile I just REALLY crave one!

I make it fit.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Mexican food. I could eat it every day. So to satisfy that mexican food craving I have a can of black beans (1/2 can at one sitting), mix in a little cheese (and I do mean just a little), pour on the spanish garden taco sauce and heat it up in the microwave and count out my serving of baked chips and that is my dinner. I could eat it 3 or 4 days a week. Unfortuneatly, my husband cannot - lol.

I also feel like it is my binge food - once I start eating it - it is hard to stop at just a little and hard to not get what I like at the restaurant. I fall in that category of people who just have no willpower I guess.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow...

That's terrible! Hookers help you burn calories and blow is an appetite suppressant. :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. :huh:

Me either. :noway:
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Hookers and blow...

That's terrible! Hookers help you burn calories and blow is an appetite suppressant. :flowerforyou:

^^^ Baahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!