Injured Back?

Hello (: I have a lower back injury that I got from a sledding accident (like 3-4 years ago?), and since it has not healed and the chiropractor isn't much help, I'm coming to terms with the possibility that I might have a long-term or possibly permanent injury. Its not like I'm paralyzed or anything---but I just can't do certain things, like ride rollercoasters and water slides, ride non-gaited horses, do mild to extensive outdoor work (such as snow-shoveling), and walking for a long period of time hurts. I'm about to set up an appointment with an actual Dr., not some masseuse or a chiropractor, but until then, I need to know: What is the right kind of exercise for me? My back worsens varying on the day, so sometimes I feel like doing stuff, but all I can really do right now is stretching and yoga (which hurts), and some light walking. But I need some type of EFFECTIVE exercise because of the plateau I always run into. I eat around the minimum intake, which makes me lose about 10 lbs if I'm lucky, but after that, I'd have to lower my intake to keep losing, and not only is that not healthy, but I can't do that. Any ideas? Thanks (: and feel free to add me--usually I'm not this boring!

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 662 Member
    I've had a broken back L-5, then broke my neck, C-7 and T-1. Both from motorcycle accidents. Talk w/ur Dr about what is right for you. If your bad off it's not worth risking further injury. Good Luck to you.. :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Have you seen a real doctor about it?
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Careful, careful, careful! My husband has two herniated disc's in his lower back. They flare up now and again and can really put him in a painful bad way for days on end.
    Go to a Doctor! Get an MRI and then your doctor will prescribe for you either exercises you can do and or physical therapy. Don't self diagnos.it can be dangerous and this is you back! The main part of your body, you need it.. and you need not injure yourself further, especially if your life includes horses!
    Go to a doctor and don't try "self help" or "you tube" videos. Find out exactly what is wrong and go from there.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    I just went to the doctor for lower back pain. I've tried chiropractor too without any help. My Dr. gave me muscle relaxers, but I don't know that they do much good. I hope your back feels better soon! I know how miserable it can be.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    see an actual doctor first.
  • Thanks guys--I'll try to go see a Dr. ASAP. Well, as soon as the snow is gone lol :)