Show of hands, what's better: Fitbit or Striiv?

Options
I plan to get one of these devices after I have the baby (maybe before, if I run out of patience, lol). I'm just torn over which one to get. If I get the Fitbit, it will probably be the Zip, and if it's the Striiv, it'll be the Smart Pedometer.

Thanks!

Replies

• kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just recieved my fitbit ultra for Christmas and this is the second day I have wore it and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. Anything that helps you stay active will be worth it. Good luck with your decision!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    bump! Anyone else?
  • Elayne10
    Elayne10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I got a Striiv smart pedometer for Christmas and love it so far! I discovered that I can't sync it with MFP (only the Striiv Play) but that's okay, I can just add calories burned. It's already motivating me to do more exercise and my daughter is going to get one so we can challenge each other. The Fitbit would probably be great too, but I liked the aspect of the donations and the game is fun too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit and since it syncs w/MFP it is fabulous!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit (although I haven't been able to find it since I moved but it is in the house somewhere, lol) and I do find it to be a very good motivator and something that you just put on each day and forget about. It syncs well with MFP and I love seeing the extra calories that I have earned on there. Also I like the weekly emails that I get from them with my progress and also it is pretty neat that they give you real life examples to compare your progress to such as when I did a hike called the Grouse Grind which is a very steep hike, it was like 300 floors climbed or something, and it told me that I climbed the equivalent of this really tall building in Dubai. I like stuff like that. Dang I gotta find that thing!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the other one but I would say GET THE FITBIT NOW! I have the Ultra which is very cool. It syncs with MFP so it automatically adds exercise calories. I too love the weekly progress reports.

Since you're able to walk with child :smile: you can start using it now.
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Get the fitbit. Or if you have an iphone, just get the (free!)striiv iphone app which does almost the same function as the striiv pedometer.