Sugar craves.

Options
Any help please, when I go on a diet I tend to crave sweet treats, I am allergic to chocolate and I dont take sugar in drinks and as I am determined to shed these pounds im weighing things and trying to stick to my daily 1200 calories HOWEVER I am really craving sweets which for me is unusual. Can anyone help me with some hints tricks and receipes to beat these cravings. also what doesnt help is I work for an Italian restaurant chain. Thank you...Sheenie

Replies

• sadiekate1
    sadiekate1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really plan out my snacks and meals so I dont get hungry and also to avoid making any hasty decisions. This helps with everything as well as sweets. Try the following as a healthyier sweet treat/snack: apples/fruit with nut butter; lowfat greek yogurt with granola or berries; frozen smashed banana with coco powder; lowfat chocolate milk; etc. the more you are successful the less you will want processed sugar.
  • RockandRoseRebel
    RockandRoseRebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you can stop yourself after one serving of sweets, maybe just have a little of whatever you're craving? If not try fruit and yogurt or some other healthy thing that also happens to be sweet. And make sure your diet is balanced because you could be craving sugar because your body is missing a nutrient or needs a few more calories...