That food you used to hate but now love?

Options
I never liked grapefruit. I tried it several times as a teen and young adult; I tried it warmed with some equal, I tried it cubed up with other fruits but I could not find it enjoyable, or even palatable. I thought it was just one of those healthy foods I would never warm up to, so I stopped trying.

I can't really recall how or when this change happened, but I LOVE grapefruit now! I love it's tartness, it's juiciness, how it satisfies and makes me feel so damn healthy and good about myself… it has become a staple in my eating routine, and it sometimes amazes me. :)

How about you? What food did you used to hate, but now love?

Replies

• Luvs_Pink
    Options
    Mushrooms!!!

As a kid you couldn't get me to touch them. Now, they are one of my most favorite things :)
  • MrsDougNOLA
    Options
    Eggplant. Used to hate it. Now I can't get enough of it.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have developed a taste for grilled fish.
    We all want to be healthier, and so I grudgingly tried grilled salmon, tuna and even trout.
    It's not a t-bone...lol...but I have learned to love it.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i too use to hate mushrooms as a kid. Now I love them.

However I still do not like fennel, or cucumber.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese. AND I STILL DO. It looks like puke and tastes like sour milk >_<
    I bought it once and never will again lol
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Eggplant. Used to hate it. Now I can't get enough of it.
    I like fried eggplant....:bigsmile:
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprouts!!
  • davamarie32
    davamarie32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Broccoli. I never really cared for it, not even covered in cheese. Now I crave it!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Steamed cabbage. Yum!
  • run_on
    Options
    Raisins and cashews...protein, fiber and carbs. Hated both until I needed fuel for running; they fill me up and make me feel great!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Bell Peppers and Raw Onions. I really thought I was allergic to bell peppers, but now I like them in a lot of things. :)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are growing on me :)
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Cabbage, eggplant, broccoli, greek yoghurt, carrot...there are a lot more :D
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese. AND I STILL DO. It looks like puke and tastes like sour milk >_<
    I bought it once and never will again lol

Ditto
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Onions, guacamole, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, mayonnaise. HATED all of these for 40+ years, now love them.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i too as a child couldn't stand mushrooms, i eat them all the time now. i used to dislike eating apples with skin but i don't mind them now either
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    zucchini and squash yummy yummy!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
    Broccoli.

Oh, almost forgot. Tomatoes both raw and cooked. I even made and canned tomato soup this year along with stewed tomatoes. The soup came out sooooo yummy. Ummm and feta cheese.
  • 6packb450
    Options
    Broccoli. I never really cared for it, not even covered in cheese. Now I crave it!

I agree... same with cauliflower. If it 's cooked, I'll eat it with anything.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Insects