Losing steam...... Running

Options
I finished the couch to 5k program and now working towards 10k but I seem to be losing steam so to speak. Seems like I can't run anymore. It is really odd!!! Anyone else have this happen? Like I am going backwards as far as my endurance goes.

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Maybe explain a little more the kind of difficulty yu are having? Speed? Distance? Feeling ick? How often are you having trouble and under what circumstances?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    perhaps you are running too fast? try dropping the pace down a little, and maybe some inspiring music to get your mind motivated?
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I finished the couch to 5k program and now working towards 10k but I seem to be losing steam so to speak. Seems like I can't run anymore. It is really odd!!! Anyone else have this happen? Like I am going backwards as far as my endurance goes.

have you lost motivation or are you pushing yourself too hard? if you run outside are you running the same route? try a new slightly more challenging one. if you're running on a treadmill try running outside. if you listen to music how about new music. have you signed up for any races? if not then sign up! best way to keep you motivated is to have a goal. my goal is a half in june. maybe it's time to treat yourself to new sneaks or a new running toy?
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think I am pushing myself too hard. Thanks for all the replies!! I will keep on running!!!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    are you doing bridge to 10k....helped keep me focused. Also a new playlist can bring out your spirit again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? It may be tine to up your calories. Inability to work out at previous levels sometimes means you are underfeeding.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? It may be tine to up your calories. Inability to work out at previous levels sometimes means you are underfeeding.

Underfeeding or overtraining. Try incorporating more rest days into your routine.
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It is the app 10k for pink.

10k trainer
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Underfeeding or overtraining. Try incorporating more rest days into your routine.

I also found it was easy to slip into this bad habit - underfeeding / overtraining. Make sure you're monitoring your macros rather than just calories.
  • mukul98154
    Options
    try adding some resistance training like squats, lunges etc. really helps you improve in running also keep yourself hydrated to avoid cramps. i have a little sip of water every 10-15 mins. whiich works well for me.