How often do you weigh in?

Options
I'm not entirely sure of my official starting weight, but I have a rough idea of what it is. I don't know how I feel about weighing myself though, because it is a good motivator to see the numbers go down but it's also depressing when they don't change despite doing everything right. I know I won't lose a lot quickly, because I'm a small guy. And I get so frustrated and tempted to just give up when I see no progress showing up.. Maybe it would be better to weigh in less often, so that it's not always on my mind and bothering me?

Replies

• Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm about to donate my scale. My weight can go up or down 5 lbs from one day to the next. And the body fat number will change just as arbitrarily too. It's an expensive scale but daily weighing is definitely not good for my psyche.

But then, I'd probably just use the Wii Fit to weigh myself obsessively.
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :happyI typically weigh in once a week! And inorder to keep myself from being discouraged if the numbers wont budge, i also track my Body fat Percentage! Often times, even when the scale is the same. My BFP has lowered!
  • TrishB69
    TrishB69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am one of those wierd ones who weigh in everyday. I know it's bad, but I do it.
    I need to get a scale or something to monitor my Body Fat because I am sure it has changed, but I have no way to check it.
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only thing You need to measure you Body Fat percentage is a tape measure:)! I got mine for 98 cents at walmart, lol. Once you get that then you can google body fat calculator, pick a website, and enter your measurements!
  • dynamodi
    dynamodi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks, I fluctuate so much with water weight that I would get quite depressed if i weighed in more than that!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weight in daily - It helps because if i gain, I know drink a LOT of water today. (unless i ate a lot of calories- but, its usually sodium is why i would gain).
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Every other day or so
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    weigh in once a week in the morning after you go to the bathroom. get a tape measure and measure yourself once a week. you may not notice any weight loss, but differences in your measurements.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month - I have only a few pounds to go so it goes slower
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week, if i've gained weight then i don't enter it in on here, if i've noticed that i've maintained or gained weight even though i've been eating well all week then i change up my diet, if i've gained weight or maintained weight but i've eaten really badly all week then i dismiss it and make it up the next week
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every week but after being disappointed sometimes with the results (or lack of) I changed it up & now only weigh myself every two weeks...much happier with the results & not quite as number obsessed :)
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am one of those wierd ones who weigh in everyday. I know it's bad, but I do it.
    I need to get a scale or something to monitor my Body Fat because I am sure it has changed, but I have no way to check it.

I'm the same, I'm obsessive and weigh every day. I know weekly is better, but this is just what I need to do to keep on track - whether to show I did right and lost, or messed up and gained. But I think weekly is recommended.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    twice a week. no surprises.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I weigh in about once every 6 weeks. I measure once a week thou, seems to me I lost inches before pounds
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. :)
  • jaye91emily
    jaye91emily Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day purely out of curiosity. I only 'officially' weigh in and record once a week :-)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't know - every day for a week or two, then not at all for a week or two. Just whenever.