I'm so paranoid!

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
I do not have a calorie tracker or HRM yet(I ordered one and am waiting to get it) and I'm afraid that I'm not buring as many calories as i think I am while working out hence that I'm eating more than I should because Im eating back the calories that i THINK i burned. I go by what the machine says. It says that in 30 minutes I burn a little over 400 calories. So I just log it in as 300 calories and end up eating those excersise calories. But what If im not burning that much!? My heart rate is between 130-160 while Im working out(well that's also what the machine says, it has one of those things that you place your hands on and it calculates it) Ughhh I'm just afriad Im eating to much

Replies

• ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    With the heart rates you mentioned I think your estimate of 300 calories burned during 30 minutes of cardio is reasonabale. I have an HRM but didn't use it the first two weeks after I started here. I just used the calorie burned estimates from the exercise database on the site. I lost weight during that time and so those figures were evidently pretty accurate. Now that I have started using my HRM to track calories I have discovered that I was actually burning more calories than I had been giving myself credit for. So in the final analysis I think you will be fine continuing with what you have been doing until your HRM arrives.
  • faerygal
    faerygal Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey CHILLAX!Look at your results and don't worry.If you are exercising then you are doing all you can.The calorie burn numbers are guidlines and the are not 100% accurate.A person with more muscle may burn more cals for instance even if they are the same height or weight.we are ALL different.I have a poorly thyroid so my cal burn may be lower.Just worry about it when it is NOT getting results.I eat 1500 cals even tho I am told to have 1382 by my input to the calculator and still lost 2lbs this week.I can manage better on that amount and that means I will do it long term.If it aint broke don't fix it!:flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did pretty much the same exact thing you are doing when I first started. After I got my heart rate monitor I also realized I was burning more than I had originally thought. So I'd just keep doing what you're doing until you get it! :smile:
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I always under estimate my calories burned after exercise just to play it safe.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I hope Im actually burning more that would be fantastic
  • faerygal
    faerygal Posts: 51
    Options
    By the way depending on what book you read,HRM,you have etc the numbers ALWAYS come out different:laugh:
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    Try not to get too caught up in the numbers if you can help it. They are only guidelines. Aim to eat healthy foods MOST of the time and keep up all your wonderful, healthful exercise and you will get results and FEEL GREAT which should be the ultimate goal.