I'm back, for real this time. Looking for friends!

Options
Hello I'm Rose. I'm a 22 year old female, 5'7" 188 lbs currently. I am hoping to lose at least 40 lbs, ideally 60.

I have been having mental and physical ups and down lately due to a form of birth control i was on called the Depo Provera shot.

In the two years I was on it I gained 40 lbs and encountered many other uses due to the weight gain and that drug.

The last 8 months have been hell, I realized the damage the depo had done after a year and a half of being on it. The last two months I have been depo free and I can finally function again.

I have been on this site before, but I got really sick and barely got out of bed. I am back now and hopefully the majority of health issues are behind me now.

I have started a diet and exercise program and signed up for a gym although it is too far away I can only go on the weekends and sometimes in the middle of the week. Although I do have a very basic treadmill here but it aggravates my arthritis so I have to do small work outs through out the day.

I am also trying to start a gluten/dairy free diet also so help with that would be great!

Thanks for reading and good luck to you and your goals.

-Rose

Replies

• juliaskater
    juliaskater Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Julia! :happy: welcome back! Well, I am vegan and gluten free, so I don't eat gluten or dairy either and I would love to share some recipes with you. I am looking to shape up and lower my body fat by losing 10 pounds or more of fat. Friend me!
  • vbcoach25
    vbcoach25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • RoseBlackstar
    RoseBlackstar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Julia and Thanks vbcoach25!

Julia recipes would be great since I am new to this and have just started doing research on this.
  • Calicot
    Calicot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mutual encouragement is always welcome. Go ahead and add me if you wish.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! I'd love to be your friend! I am very positive and love to motivate and be motivated in return!! Feel free to add me!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned arthritis in your profile, are you taking any meds for that?
  • RoseBlackstar
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned arthritis in your profile, are you taking any meds for that?

I am currently have no insurance, I take the occasional over the counter pain medication but i usually try not to since they never work for me due to abusing them when I was younger.
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me:)
  • TigressPat
    Options
    you weren't taking anything at the same time as the depo?
  • dazza_098
    dazza_098 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    friend me if you want :) the more motivation the better :D that goes for anybody who needs motivation aswell feel free to add
  • leyte26
    leyte26 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hi rose, welcome back! its crazy how much the depo can do. i only took one shot and was feeling the effects for a very long time. now that was about 10 years ago. wow i feel old lol anyways feel free to add me!
  • Shanisawrusrexy
    Options
    Hi! I believe that my birth control has also caused me to put on weight (the Nexplanon Implant) as I was such a skinny minny before now. I am 5'5 and weigh 161lb, I'd like to hit around 130lb so I've got a target weight loss of about 31lb!
    I'd be happy to be your friend :) I need one too!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I really wish more women knew the dangers of birth control pills. But no. That sort of stuff isn't talked about nearly enough.

Welcome back! I wish you the best!!!

PS: I eat gluten free and dairy free but I don't share my diary so I'm not sure if I'd be any help. :)
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep had problems in the past with the depo too, didn't realise it was the depo until I stopped taking it.

Anyway welcome back, feel free to add me, I log on everyday.
  • RoseBlackstar
    Options
    you weren't taking anything at the same time as the depo?

Nope, except for the calcium supplements.
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Julia! :happy: welcome back! Well, I am vegan and gluten free, so I don't eat gluten or dairy either and I would love to share some recipes with you. I am looking to shape up and lower my body fat by losing 10 pounds or more of fat. Friend me!

I am starting to stay away from diary - I'm already gluten free and recently found out that added sugar is causing me cramps. Joy - think veggies are the way to go, but not ready to get rid of all meat.

Go you!

Here's to a healthier 2013!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Rose. I'm a 22 year old female, 5'7" 188 lbs currently. I am hoping to lose at least 40 lbs, ideally 60.

I have been having mental and physical ups and down lately due to a form of birth control i was on called the Depo Provera shot.

In the two years I was on it I gained 40 lbs and encountered many other uses due to the weight gain and that drug.

The last 8 months have been hell, I realized the damage the depo had done after a year and a half of being on it. The last two months I have been depo free and I can finally function again.

I have been on this site before, but I got really sick and barely got out of bed. I am back now and hopefully the majority of health issues are behind me now.

I have started a diet and exercise program and signed up for a gym although it is too far away I can only go on the weekends and sometimes in the middle of the week. Although I do have a very basic treadmill here but it aggravates my arthritis so I have to do small work outs through out the day.

I am also trying to start a gluten/dairy free diet also so help with that would be great!

Thanks for reading and good luck to you and your goals.

-Rose

I went gluten free about a year ago, when it turned out I have a severe allergy to it. Also found out the added sugars are causing me stomach distress (it seems to build up, so if I eat 'natural sugar' - like fruit, it doesn't hurt, but if I add stuff like ice cream, ouch).

Have you looked at the Paleo diet? Not really a diet (although you will lose weight with it), more of a program you live with - lean meats, nonstarchy veggies, and the like. Good luck!
  • RoseBlackstar
    Options
    I went gluten free about a year ago, when it turned out I have a severe allergy to it. Also found out the added sugars are causing me stomach distress (it seems to build up, so if I eat 'natural sugar' - like fruit, it doesn't hurt, but if I add stuff like ice cream, ouch).

Have you looked at the Paleo diet? Not really a diet (although you will lose weight with it), more of a program you live with - lean meats, nonstarchy veggies, and the like. Good luck!
    Thanks I will look into it!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I am currently have no insurance, I take the occasional over the counter pain medication but i usually try not to since they never work for me due to abusing them when I was younger.

You may find that the gluten free diet will help the arthritis. It did for me. Good luck with everything.
  • RoseBlackstar
    Options

You may find that the gluten free diet will help the arthritis. It did for me. Good luck with everything.

Thanks that is one of the reason I want to start this, an ex boyfriends mother went gluten free and it changed her life so much that she started her own blog because of it.