A bit about me

Options
I started MFP nearly 6 weeks ago. My best friend tried it and lost 7khs really easily! I was so inspired to try it myself. I'd got to the stage where I'd catch glimpses of myself in the window of a shop and think, surely that isn't me!!

But it was. I'm 6 feet tall and when I started 6 weeks ago I was 130kg (286 pounds, sorry Australian!). I played netball twice a week but never really respected my body, I figured I was far so why not eat crappy food too? What more damage could it do?

Since I joined though I have lost 10.9kgs (34 pounds) and my BMI has gone from 40.1 to 36.8!!!

I'm so happy and today I bought some new clothes to celebrate! I don't even care if they are too big soon. I figure I need to feel good in the skin I'm in.

I have set some mini goals for myself and already hit my first goal, which was to get to 121kgs (267 pounds). As 4 years ago I started a weight loss program and that was my starting weight. I got to 105kgs (231 pounds) and got complacent. This was using tony ferguson and it's only since using MFP that I realised that there was no way that would ever work for me. I need to not have food that I "can't have" I need some treats but I need some restrictions too. I feel like MFP does that for me and I can't see myself quitting til I hit my long term goal of 80 kgs (176 pounds, which puts me in the healthy BMI range), and even then I might reevaluate and keep going!!

This program is fantastic and I'm so inspired by all the stories on this site!!!

I wouldn't mind some friends to keep me company along the way. Preferably with a fair but of weight to lose like me, female and if possible measuring in kgs. But if you aren't all of those and still want to add me I won't say no!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Replies

• JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! 34 lbs is quite an accomplishment. If you need any help/advice, or just someone to talk to, I'd be more than happy to assist. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • Tegan_89
    Options
    Oops it should have been 24 pounds!! I posted off my phone so I didn't edit very well. Still I am very proud of myself :)
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Keep up the great work!