SO HUNGRY!!!

Options
I cannot seem to get through a day at work without feeling extremely hungry. I eat breakfast at about 6AM, then go to work. Lunch break is at 10:30AM. Then I do not get to eat again until I get home usually around 6PM. By the time I get home I am absolutely starving and find it hard not to binge eat. I work in a laboratory, so I can't have food anywhere near my desk.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't know how long you've been tracking, but you did have a very low calorie day just a couple of days ago. If for some bizarre reason I end up under-eating that much, I pay the price in hunger for two or three days after that. Your calorie goal looks reasonable otherwise - others will be able to give you better diet advice.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    the gap between your lunch and dinner is big! try snacking in between. If I'm hungry, I'll eat something low cal and filling like a fiber bar or a banana. :) It's probably not good for you to go that long without eating during the day.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Have an apple or small snack in your purse/car, so when you get off from work, you can munch on them preventing over eating when you get home. I keep some crackers/cheese spread in the break room so I can have them before I go workout or mid-day hunger.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    what time do you finish work (as in walk out of the building, not get home)?

You could try carrying some sort of snack to munch on as soon as you leave work to take the edge off your hunger - so that by the time you get home you are gnawing the door off.

- nuts...museli bar...a banana.... something like that...
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eat more - your calorie goal is 1400 and for your age that is most likely too low. You can easily eat more and stay full longer by having a high protein lunch and keeping a portable snack in your purse for that afternoon break. What about nuts or peanut butter and apples or something - high calorie, good for you, helps you stay full until dinner.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    After reading that and your profile I'm wondering if we do the same thing, perhaps even the same company!

Anyway for me I had to work around it by shifting to a larger breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. The only thing that worked for me! Make sure it's low GI to keep you going to.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That's a huge span of time between your lunch and dinner. To me, that's too long. I'd be famished. Can you take a small break around 2? Even excuse yourself to go to the restroom? Can you take a few minutes longer and have a small snack or mini-meal? Or can your lunch be a little later, to balance the morning and afternoon?
  • dmh0204
    Options
    Yeah, I agree that there is a big break between your lunch and dinner. If you cannot possibly move your lunch time, you certainly step away from your desk at some point in the afternoon. You can down a protein bar or greek yogurt and some apple slices in five minutes. You need to squeeze in some energy boosting calories around 2 or 3.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein and fat
  • BigPun75
    BigPun75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its hard. what works for me, i eat all day n stay at about 1200 cals. i just have fruits (apples, cuties), fresh veggies ( celery (some times with a lil peanut butter), carrots, sugar snap peas) or low cal snacks (fiber plus bars, special k chips) in between my meals n drink a lot of water
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd have a larger lunch, comprised of foods that I know would sustain me until I thought I'd be hungry again.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Protein and healthy fats are filling. Take a 5 minute break and have a container of greek yogurt, a protein bar or a handful of nuts for a snack.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    your work hours suck. I couldn't imagine eating lunch at 10:30. What I'd try to do in your situation is eat a bigger breakfast or a bigger lunch whichever you prefer with lots of protein and fiber. I'd recommend a snack, but you can't have food in your area. If you could sneak away for a few minutes to go to the restroom or something, try to sneak in a little snack to tide you over.