surprising my husband after deployment!

Options
Hi my name is Jess. I am a 31 year old mother of 5 beautiful kids and the wife of a deployed soldier. During our first deployment I put on about 40 lbs. Mainly due to eating to kill the loneliness ... LOL being new to a town and alone sucks in more ways then one. So here I am! Another deployment and this time I am determined to be more productive this time. Here's hoping! I guess that's me in a nut shell.

Replies

• holylucy
    Options
    Thank you for your husbands service. Please feel free to add me. I will be a great cheerleader for you! :-)
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What a great motivator! go for it - add me if you like :)
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good for you... add me as well if you would like.... Yes thank you for what your husband has done for our country.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the sacrifices your family makes and for your husband's service to our country! Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Imagine the look on his face when he comes home and sees you. I think for me that alone would be worth it. You can do it!!!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What an great 'gift' for both you and your hubby! What a surprise, when he gets back-- to see the new and 'improved' you (though I'm sure you're AWESOME just as is!) I can't imagine how hard it must be to be home raising the kids, by yourself, while your other half is deployed... but you've decided to make a positive change and that is great for everyone! So, please feel free to add me-- I'll send a request now. And good look to you and your family- and thanks to your husband for his service.
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control and embarking on this journey! Although my husband is not in the military, he travels for work and I am lonely, too. I've decided to make a change for me, my hubby and my children. I especially want his jaw to drop next time he comes home! :blushing:
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    good for you! Thank your husband for his service. Feel free to add me, too :)
  • SvelteThoughts
    SvelteThoughts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so encouraged by your goal! I'd love to be a part of your support group during this deployment. Add me if you'd like.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thank you for YOUR service - the VERY hard job of a military wife. Of course, thank your hubby for us too!

Feel free to add me if you want support - You can totally do this and it will so be worth it!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My deepest respect and honors to you and your husband for your service. It would be my privilege to support you in your "surprise". Add me if you wish.
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I admire you and what you and your family are being put through. We are here to help you, support your efforts, and to make a difference--just as your husband is doing for his country. Thank you to you both for his service in keeping us safe. Deployment is hard on him, but really harder on you and your kids since you have to manage without him and his support. Add me if you wish to.
  • jessadany
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have added some of you if you weren't added please add me. I'm login from my phone and its being really ffunny LOL. I can't wait to see some progress on this journey and it will be amazing with such great support. ;0)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (also a mother of 5) I love your profile pic..so sweet!
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did that, my husband got quite a shock...and a nice surprise :) I bought a new outfit and had my hair done and turned up to meet him at the airport with my son and daughter.

Being a military wife is no picnic, that's for sure. It's really tough being on your own with the kids, but I found focusing on my diet and fitness made me have more energy and feel stronger and more in control which helped me cope. You can do it!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That's such an awesome idea, I wish you the best of luck!

I wish I'd taken that kind of initiative when my husband was in the air force. D'oh!

Feel free to add me as friend for support!
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same right now! My boyfriend and I are competing to see who'll look better when he comes home. It's a struggle because I get to go out and drink and party in my free time, and he hits the gym for lack of anything else to do.

Feel free to add me if you like; I know how tough it is. Sometimes all you wanna do is curl up with a chocolate bar and call it a day :flowerforyou:
  • osteral
    Options
    Great plan having a positive deployment goal! And a great surprise for your hubby. I was in the same boat for our last deployment (the eating) and having a plan works so much better than just winging it. Add me if you want.
  • 280days_keto
    280days_keto Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is also in the military and he is also deployed right now in Afghanistan. We have more like a bet going we have about 30-40 pounds to lose and lets see who wins. I lost 50 pounds last year and now I want to lose the final ones. I would love to be your friend and support as well. Feel free to add me